Indianapolis - School Bus Fleet Mechanic
School Bus Mechanic (Hourly Wage)
Our First Student facility in Indianapolis, IN needs a reliable A Level Diesel Mechanic with 5+ years of hands-on diesel and/or gas engine experience. Our A-level mechanics will concentrate on engine diagnostics and repair, along with other related assigned duties within qualification level. A-level Diesel Mechanics must be properly certified and licensed as well as have the experience necessary to provide our customers with optimal service. We offer competitive salaries and generous benefits.
What we offer:
- Hourly competitive pay up to $30.00 per hour (ASE certification incentive programs)
- Medical, Dental, & Vision
- Boot Allowance
- Paid Training (Class B CDL & ASE Certifications)
School Bus Fleet Mechanic Job Duties Include:
- Inspect brake systems, steering mechanisms, wheel bearings, and other important parts.
- Identify and report potentially dangerous equipment and additional repairs needed.
- Maintain a safe, clean, productive and efficient work area.
- Perform Service Calls and on the road repairs as assigned.
- Perform routine and preventative maintenance.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
School Bus Fleet Mechanic Job Qualifications:
- A minimum of 5+ years hands-on experience and advanced knowledge of diesel/gas engines.
- Ability to perform inspections/diagnostics without supervision.
- Must have own set of basic tools.
- Computer proficiency.
School Bus Fleet Mechanic Required License/Certifications:
- Valid Drivers License, Class B CDL (preferred; but not required)
- ASE Certification(s) (preferred; but not required)
At First Student, associates are offered the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We are looking for talented, hard-working individuals like you to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why First Student, should be your FIRST choice.
FirstGroup is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. FirstGroup is also committed to providing a drug-free workplace. For candidates applying to positions in San Francisco or Los Angeles California, FirstGroup will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance or Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance.
5 days ago
*Job Description:* *School Bus Mechanic (Hourly Wage)* Our First Student facility in Indianapolis, IN needs a reliable A Level Diesel Mechanic with 5+ years of hands-on diesel and/or gas en
First Student - Indianapolis, In, Marion county - Adzuna
Job Description: School Bus Mechanic (Hourly Wage) Our First Student facility in Indianapolis, IN needs a reliable A Level Diesel Mechanic with 5+ years of ha
First Student - Indianapolis, In - Jobs in Logistics
First Student is Now Hiring Part-Time School Bus Drivers in Indianapolis, IN - $21/HR Starting Wage & a $2,000 Sign-On Bonus! First Student Indianapolis is Hosting Walk-In Application Events! Join us
FirstGroup plc - Indianapolis, In - Lensa
School Bus Mechanic (Hourly Wage)Our First Student facility in Indianapolis, IN needs a reliable A Level Diesel Mechanic with 5+ years of hands-on diesel and/or gas engine experience. Our A-level mech
First Student - Indiana - Buscojobs