Truly premium content. At true scale. Only CBSi. CBS Interactive is the premier online content network for information and online operations of CBS Corporation as well as some of the top native digital brands in the entertainment industry. Our brands dive deep into the things people care about across entertainment, technology, news, games, business, and sports. With over 1 billion users visiting our properties every quarter, we are a global top 10 web property and one of the largest premium content networks online. ViacomCBS Streaming (formerly CBS Interactive) is a division of ViacomCBS that encompasses both free, paid, and premium streaming services including Pluto TV, Paramount +, CBS Sports Digital, and CBS News Digital.
Overview & Responsibilities
The Data Engineer should possess a deep sense of curiosity and a passion for building smarter products based on data, and the ability to communicate data structures and tools throughout the CBS Digital Media organization. The perfect candidate for this role will use their skills in reverse engineering, analytics and creative experimental solutions to devise data and BI solutions. This engineer supports data pipeline development which includes machine learning algorithms using disparate data sources. The ideal candidate will also work BI, Research, Engineering and Product teams to implement data-driven plans that drive the business.
- Works with large volumes of traffic data and user behaviors to build pipelines that enhance raw data.
- Able to break down and communicate highly complex data problems into simple, feasible solutions.
- Extract patterns from large datasets and transform data into an informational advantage.
- Find answers to business questions via hands-on exploration of data sets via Jupyter, SQL, dashboards, statistical analysis, and data visualizations.
- Partnering with the internal product and business intelligence teams to determine the best approach around data ingestion, structure, and storage. Then, working with the team to ensure these are implemented correctly.
- Contributing ideas on how to make our data more effective and working with other members of the engineering, BI teams, and business units to implement changes.
- Ongoing development of technical solutions while developing and maintaining documentation, at times training impacted teams.
- Early on collaboration with the team on internal initiatives to create strategies that improve company processes.
- Bachelor's degree and 2-4 years work experience in Analytics/Measurement/Data Operations fields or consulting roles with focus on digital analytics implementations.
- Experience with data management systems, both relational and NoSQL (e.g., HBase, Cassandra, MongoDB).
- Proficient in Python.
- Familiarity with SQL skills for MySQL, Postgres and BigQuery to perform common types of analysis.
- Experience with exploratory data analysis using tools like iPython Notebook, Pandas & matplotlib, etc.
- Strong problem solving and creative-thinking skills.
- Ability to break down and communicate highly complex data problems as simple, feasible solutions.
- Demonstrated development of ongoing technical solutions while developing and maintaining documentation, at times training impacted teams.
- Experience developing solutions to business requirements via hands-on discovery and exploration of data.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to communicate technical concepts to non-technical audiences, as well as translating business requirements into Data Solutions.
- Experience with a Python web framework such as Django or Flask.
- Experience building and deploying application on a cloud platform (Google Cloud Platform preferred).
- Experience with Marketing tools like Kochava, Braze, Branch, Salesforce Marketing Cloud is a plus.
- Experience with Apache Airflow is a plus.
- Familiarity with Data Modeling.
- Familiarity in Hadoop pipelines using Spark, Kafka.
- Familiar with version control systems.
- Can perform statistical analyses using tools such as R, Numpy/SciPy with Python.
- Experience with Adobe Analytics (Omniture) or Google Analytics.
- Digital marketing strategy including site, video, social media, SEM, SEO, and display advertising.
- Familiarity with ELT/ETL concepts.
ViacomCBS is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet
At ViacomCBS, the spirit of inclusion feeds into everything that we do, on-screen and off. From the programming and movies we create to employee benefits/programs and social impact outreach initiatives, we believe that opportunity, access, resources and rewards should be available to and for the benefit of all. ViacomCBS is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, and Veteran status.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access www.viacbs.com/careers as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by calling 212.846.5500 or by sending an email to email@example.com. Only messages left for this purpose will be returned.
5 days ago
San francisco, Ca
Data Engineer / Data Scientist South San Francisco, CA 12 Months We are looking for a savvy Data Engineer to join our growing team of analytics experts. The hire wi
Intellisoft Technologies - San francisco, Ca - Lensa
DeepMap is a start-up that is laser focused on building the third revolution and new paradigm of mapping. We provide HD Mapping and Localization as-a-service for automotive and other robotic applic
DeepMap - Palo alto, Ca - Lensa
Hi, Good Day, Please go through the below Job Details and let me know ASAP. Brief about M3bi:M3bi is a new generation IT Services Company specializing in Business Intelligence, Data Warehousing & Dat
M3bi LLC - San francisco, California - Xpatjobs
Leading the future of luxury mobilityLucid’s mission is to inspire the adoption of sustainable energy by creating the most captivating luxury electric vehicles, centered around the human experience. W
Lucid Motors - Newark, Ca - Experteer US