Sr. Manager, Import-Export & Logistics
Senior Manager, Import-Export & Logistics
- Under the direction of the Import-Export & Logistics Head, the Sr. Mgr. Import-Export & Logistics is responsible for ensuring Takeda import/export activities are properly and timely processed, according to policies and procedures, and in accordance with Customs and other applicable governmental agencies regulations.
- Ensure the volume of shipments and programs are balanced among all import-export operational specialists, and import-export specialists are properly trained and ready to execute shipments.
- Manage the relationship of Takeda and Transportation Service Providers (carrier, freight forwarder, customs brokers), conducting quarterly business reviews, as well as maintaining providers within a satisfactory KPIs level.
- Manage Accounts Payable process in support to any related expenses, such as transportation, customs clearance and Participating Government Agencies-PGAs import and export permits.
- Manage daily import-export operational activities to ensure shipments are processed timely and properly so clinical studies and project timelines are not affected, and the supply chain pipeline is kept uninterrupted.
- Manage a team of import-export specialists ensuring specialists are well trained and prepared to support the pre-assigned clinical trial studies within the requirements of its transportation/logistics modalities, as well as support team members on their specific projects.
- Work with internal stakeholders proactively to influence and ensure import/export solutions being considered to adhere to international trade regulations and product quality.
- Manage network and relationships with Transportation Service Providers ensuring key performance indicators are maintained at a satisfactory level and such network encompasses all services required by Takeda business.
- Work closely with the Global Trade Compliance team on formal inquiries from Global Customs and/or Trade authorities to ensure the proper response is provided.
- Develop effective KPI measurable indicators for all aspects of import-export operational activities such as volume, type of entries, duties and transportation costs, and other available metrics that can be built using ACE (Automated Customs Environment) and other systems.
- Develop, publish and implement control documents (policies, procedures, processes, and work instructions) for Import and Export Operational activities.
- Work closely with Global Trade Compliance group in the determination of key trade data such as Country of Origin, Tariff Code/Schedule B, Export Commerce Control Number (ECCN), FDA product codes, NDAs, INDs and customs valuations for products imported/exported to support Takeda projects.
- Responsible for the maintenance of key trade operational data in a centralized, automated import/export system.
CORE ELEMENTS RELATED TO THIS ROLE:
- Must be able to communicate with impact
- Must encourage teamwork effectively as well ensure accountability
- Ability to interact effectively at high levels, between customers and suppliers, and manage and resolve issues, and provide effective feedback.
- Must be able to handle multiple projects simultaneously while maintaining high-quality results.
- Must provide and implement innovative solutions to unique situations and lead continuous improvement.
- Must be able to recognize potential conflict and escalate when necessary.
- Presentation Skills- ability to give professional and concise presentations at internal and external meetings
- Must have hands-on experience with global import-export regulations, including US Customs (19CFR), Commerce and Foreign Trade (15CFR), and other Participating Government Agencies, including awareness of requirements for functioning under GMP, GDP, local controlled-substance regulations as required,
DIMENSIONS AND ASPECTS:
- Clinical Trial Material (CTM) - a thorough understanding of the clinical packaging and labeling process supporting R&D in the U.S and abroad, including knowledge of the phases and processes within the clinical development environment.
- Product Knowledgeable to understand medical/therapeutic impact of products; understanding of potential product applications
- Regulatory Knowledge- Working knowledge of global import-export regulations governed by Customs and other Participating Government agencies practices (cGMP), current good distribution practices (GDP)
- Industry Knowledge - Understanding and working knowledge of the overall drug development and clinical development process in a globally operating enterprise, including knowledge of clinical protocol design, clinical packaging procedures and processes, and in-depth knowledge of the investigational material supply chain
Job Description / Role Profile
- Develops and uses knowledge and interpersonal skills to influence and guide others towards the accomplishment of Takeda's goals and objectives.
- Demonstrated ability to manage up and down the organization and ability to lead virtual teams.
- Demonstrated ability to influence and negotiate with people in a multi-disciplinary team environment.
- Actively seeks candid feedback from others and modifies one's behavior based on this feedback.
Decision-making and Autonomy
- Ability to capture knowledge within the organization
- Improves solutions, processes, and deliverables through the use of information
- Improves information capital by contributing experience, theories, deliverables, and models for others to use
- Ability to review systems, processes, and policies to ensure compliance with required good manufacturing and clinical practices
- Ability to adapt to other personalities in a respectful manner that is conducive to the achievement of
personal and team goals.
- The ability to handle many conflicting priorities is critical to build and maintain credibility and respect across
the many different constituents in the supply chain
- Ability to expresses one's self clearly and concisely to stakeholders and business partners over the phone
or with others within the team; documents issues and/or concerns concisely and comprehensively; adjusts
language and/or terminology appropriate for the audience.
- Coordinates and develops partnerships with key stakeholders to ensure effective communication and
on-time delivery of global CTM.
- Communicates complex information in a clear and engaging manner.
- Encourages new ideas and innovative approaches in order to continually improve processes
- Develops creative solutions to difficult problems
- Looks beyond "the way things are always done" to identify and effectively implement value-added change.
- Eager to take risks; is not afraid to take risks
- Asks for and provides the right amount of info to meet the needs of management, direct reports & project
- Provides team members with timely, constructive feedback, coaching & support to help them recognize and take action on their strengths and development needs
- Demonstrates strong stakeholder service skills
EDUCATION, BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES, AND SKILLS:
- Bachelor's Degree, preferred in Business, Science or Law
- Minimum 8 years experience in R&D material management/clinical supplies/logistics, including 6 years experience in importing and exporting in the pharmaceutical or medical device industry.
- Strong understanding and experience with international trade compliance laws and regulations including but not limited to, imports, exports, economic sanctions, Harmonization Tariff system (HTS), country of origin, boycott laws, and Free Trade Agreements.
- Working knowledge of trusted trader programs including Customs-Trade Partnership Against Terrorism (C-TPAT) and Importer Self-Assessment (ISA)
- Valid Customs Broker License and other certifications, when regionally possible.
- MBA or Masters
- Import/Export auditing experience
- HAZMAT Certification IATA and IMDG
- Proficiency in computer software Excel and MS Project or equivalent project management software is a plus
- Ability to influence stakeholders from many technical disciplines and at many levels.
- Ability to apply multiple lenses to analyze and represent complex interdependencies, scenarios, and tradeoffs.
- Other duties as assigned.
This posting excludes CO applicants.
16 minutes ago
Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Ltd
Position: Transportation Import/Export Specialist II Job Description: Arrow Electronics has an exciting opportunity for a Transportation Import/Export Special
Arrow Electronics - Peabody - DisabledPerson
YOUR ROLE Are you known for your attention to detail and excellent customer service? Are you passionate about identifying and processing efficient shipment logistics? If so, we have an opportunity th
Ceva Logistics U.S., Inc. - Peabody, Ma - Lensa
By clicking the "Apply" button, I understand that my employment application process with Takeda will commence and that the information I provide in my application will be processed in line with Tak
Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Ltd - Boston, Ma - Lensa
Export Control & Logistics Analyst About Northeastern: Founded in 1898, Northeastern is a global research university and the recognized leader
Northeastern University - Massachusetts - beBee S2