Account Manager - Automation and Control
Are you ready?
Graybar has been powering industry for more than 150 years, and has a deep understanding of the technologies and solutions needed for successful plant operations. We are currently adding Account Managers to focus on developing, implementing and executing annual business plans to increase our focus in industrial automation products and solutions across the Food & Beverage, Water/Waste Water and Metals, Mining and Mineral sectors. The position will promote automation solutions and provide a high level of technical support in selling products and services to increase operational efficiency and safety while minimizing downtime and waste. If connecting personally with your customers and delivering the best service in the industry is your priority, we are looking for you to join us in being a part of this exciting opportunity!
In this role you will:
- Implement strategy to increase sales and profits from key accounts
- Develop business plans that support the Industrial market within the assigned territory; work with appropriate sales personnel to develop tactical plans to implement the district plan; develop assigned sales territory business plans with suppliers that District Marketing has identified as strategic.
- Implement the sales management process utilizing sales rep business plans, pre-call plans, and post-call coaching debriefs; establish annual sales and gross margin rates for market applicable sales reps or other sales personnel within the district.
- Evaluate industry and business trends for potential impact on the district; identify key business opportunities and potential threats within the assigned sales territory.
- Develop and maintain relationships with key customers and suppliers so that the assigned sales territory is properly positioned within the marketplace; provide guidance and support in the retention of profitable business.
- Understand client's business needs, and work closely with our supplier partners to help find solutions to meet those needs
- Handle customer needs, give presentations on new products, answer questions on products and Company services
- Attain or exceed sales and profit budget
- Support strategic accounts as primary point of contact for daily activity
- Navigate inside the customer to gain market share of their purchases
- Travel 60-70% of the time for face to face meetings (company car will be provided)
What you bring to the table:
- Minimum of 3 years of sales experience required
- Ability to systematically differentiate products/solutions from competition and promote the variances as benefits to the customer
- Experience interacting and managing major accounts/national accounts
- Highly organized, excellent communication, strong negotiation skills and able to work multiple opportunities in parallel
- Understanding of territory with business connections in market
- 4-5 years of sales experience preferred. Previous Account Representative experience preferred
- Technical degree or Business degree with related field or equivalent experience with industrial automation preferred
- Basic knowledge of control panel design, PLC's VFD's, HMI, SCADA preferred
- Preferred experience in the following markets:
- Food & Beverage
- Water/Waste Water
Metals, Mining and & Minerals
- Preferred experience in sales or business development Industrial Plant, OEM and System Integrator
Why should you join Graybar?
At Graybar, our employees are the heart and soul of our company. We believe that employees with diverse perspectives bring the ideas and innovative thinking we need to solve our biggest challenges and compete in an ever-changing world. Consistent with our values, we welcome people from all backgrounds, cultures and experiences into our company because we believe it's the right thing to do and the right way to run our business.
We want each of our employees to know that they matter and to feel a sense of belonging, ownership and inclusion at Graybar. We believe that everyone should be treated with dignity and respect, and we work to build a collaborative environment where our employees have the opportunity to grow, learn and make a difference, both as individuals and as part of the team.
That's what our employee ownership culture is all about: working as one team and moving forward together, while honoring the unique value each person brings to our company.
Apply now and find out what's next for you.
At Graybar, we are known for our comprehensive benefits and our employee stock ownership plan! As a full-time employee of Graybar, you will accrue THREE weeks of vacation during your first 12 months, and will have access to a wide variety of our benefits. Benefits include: Medical Insurance and Prescription Drug, Dental Insurance, Vision Plan, Life Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, Disability Benefits, Profit Sharing Plan, 401(k) Savings Plan, Paid Vacation, Sick Days and Holidays, Employee Recognition Program
Equal Opportunity Employer/Vet/Disabled
Not the right fit? Let us know you're interested in a future opportunity by clicking Introduce Yourself in the top-right corner of the page or create an account to set up email alerts as new job postings become available that meet your interest!
7 days ago
Graybar Electric Company, Inc.
Our client is seeking to fill an Accounting Manager role based in the greater Milwaukee, WI market. The selected candidate will be responsible for the day-to-day functions of the Ac
Symicor Group - Milwaukee, Wi - Lensa
Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future.At ABB, we have the clear goal of dr
ABB Group - Milwaukee, Wi - Lensa
The Accounting Manager of World Outreach & Bible Training Center, Inc. is responsible for all areas relating to financial reporting. This position will be responsible for developing and maintai
World Outreach and Bible Training Center - Milwaukee, Wi - Lensa
Description Are you a self-starter who likes a variety of projects Do you want to be challenged to develop innovative solutions Looking for a flexible, family-friendly work environment If so, we may h
Engineering Specialist - Milwaukee, Wisconsin - Fidanto US