TRAFFIC MAINTENANCE OPERATOR SEASONAL
This position will remain open until filled and will close without notice.
This is a seasonal position, working full-time up to six months.
Under direction of the Traffic Maintenance Supervisor or crew lead performs the installation, maintenance, repair and fabrication of various traffic control devices. May operate a wide variety of light equipment used in the construction, maintenance of City streets and sidewalks. Performs snow removal during regular shift and after hours.
- Using hand and power tools, installs, repairs and maintains traffic signs in accordance with Division policies and procedures and as required by the MUTCD. Evaluates existing traffic signs to ensure standards are met with regard to reflectivity, visibility, safe sign sight distance, legibility and vertical/horizontal orientation to drivers. Trims trees and removes obstructions.
- Safely operates light equipment and tools required for various maintenance applications to include, lift truck, Kubota snow removal equipment, snow blowers, front end loader, fork lift, and other related equipment. Rotates from one piece of equipment to the other based on operational needs.
- Performs routine vehicle and equipment maintenance checks. Makes minor equipment repairs and adjustments in the field and overhauls equipment during routine maintenance periods or emergencies. Compiles daily reports as to what work has been completed, tabulates inventory needs and records equipment use.
- May assist with the fabrication of traffic signs using metal shears, roller tables, and other specialized sign making tools. May assist in other areas as needed such as, traffic signals, sweepers, asphalt, etc.
- Performs snow removal duties in assigned areas in accordance with the City's Sidewalk Snow Removal Program. Will be subject to night time and weekend call back, will be responsible for snow removal on sidewalks, overpasses, stairways and other City-owned areas. Operates equipment such as, snow blowers, hand-operated plows or small-to-medium-sized drivable snow-removal equipment as needed.
- Two (2) years paid work experience in construction trades, mechanical or general maintenance.
- Valid state driver’s license or Utah driving privilege card.
- Knowledge of preventative maintenance required for the equipment which will be operated and the ability to detect the need for, as well as make, minor repairs or adjustments on tools or equipment.
- Ability to read, write and perform basic mathematical calculations.
- Ability to work and relate well with co-workers, supervisors, and the general public under varying circumstances.
5 days ago
Salt lake city, Ut
Salt Lake City
Salt Lake City - Salt lake city, Ut - Lensa
15Q Air Traffic Control Operator - Bluffdale, UT - Army National Guard - Job Details Job Seeker Learn More Log In Register Jobs by Location Employer Learn More Log In Register Media Kit Pricing Log In
Army National Guard - Bluffdale, Utah - Resume Library
Posted on 06/22/21 (Ref: UT-West Valle) AGE REQUIREMENTS: Must be between the ages of 17 and 35Take control of the skies as an Air Traffic Control Operator for The Army National Guard! You will utiliz
Army National Guard - West valley city, Utah - Resume Library
Posted on 06/09/21 (Ref: UT-West Jorda) AGE REQUIREMENTS: Must be between the ages of 17 and 35Take control of the skies as an Air Traffic Control Operator for The Army National Guard! You will utiliz
Army National Guard - West jordan, Utah - Resume Library