Direct Support Behavioral Specialist START
Connecting People with Possibilities
Mission: Bridgewell inspires hope and empowers people experiencing life challenges achieve their fullest potential.
Summary: The Direct Support Behavioral Specialist'START works with individuals on a 1:1 basis around obstacles to achieving goals for independence. You also work in conjunction with other team members and services as needed to identify obstacles, identify potential support strategies that would help the individual manage, cope with, or overcome those obstacles, and/or implement those strategies in their lives.
Shift: 24 hours, must be available Fridays ( 24 hrs)
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with START Clinicians to provide on-site support for individuals referred by
- Based on the status/needs of the individual referred, work with the individual and team to: identify relevant goals to be addressed, assist in determining measurable outcomes for services provided, and work towards identifying possible strategies for managing or overcoming obstacles and attaining identified outcome.
- Facilitate implementation of recommended supports by individuals support network (i.e. family/staff) through providing information, feedback, and modeling of the
- Identify potential community-based support networks that would be relevant/helpful for the individuals
- Provide transportation when required as part of the identified goals for the
- Attend clinical/team meetings for assigned individuals when
- Complete progress notes for all work done with/for assigned
- Provide other documentation as necessary/requested.
- Maintain updated CPR/FA certifications.
- Attend in-service trainings and conferences as needed/appropriate.
- Other duties as
- Bachelor's or Associate's degree in related
- Must have had at least one year of experience working with individuals with developmental disabilities, preferably dually diagnosed individuals (developmental and psychiatric disabilities).
- Strong leadership and problem solving skills
- Strong clinical skills
- Demonstrated knowledge of behavioral concepts and techniques
- Ability to work independently
- Demonstrated ability to develop and foster positive relationships with funding sources
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- The employee must be able to drive a car
- Must have a normal range of eyesight with or without corrective
- Must have a normal range of hearing with or without corrective
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Requires acceptable CORI according to Bridgewell policies.
Bridgewell is an EOE/m/f/vets/disabled.
13 minutes ago
The May Center School in Randolph is looking for a Direct Support Professional to be responsible for the administrative, operational, and clinical functions of a group home for children, ages 5-22, wi
The May Institute Inc - East weymouth, Ma - Lensa
<p style="color: #000000; font-family: Verdana,Arial,Helvetica," ms sans serif",simsun,hei,stheiti,sans-serif; font-size: 12px; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: 400; letter-spaci
Seven Hills Foundation - Danvers, Ma - Lensa
Overview Support Advocate is a direct support professional (DSP) position at Seven Hills Foundation. They act as a caregiver for a wide range of individuals with an intellectual disability, developme
Seven Hills Foundation - Salem, Ma - Lensa
Summary of PositionUnder the general direction of Partners and North Shore Health System Population Health Management leadership, the Behavioral Health Support Specialist will be an integral part of t
North Shore Physicians Group(NSPG) - Peabody, Ma - Lensa