Quality Improvement Specialist
This individual is responsible for identifying, implementing, and managing quality improvement initiatives within hospital, nursing home, home health, hospice, community coalition, and physician practice settings. The Quality Improvement Specialist works with the senior leadership, direct care and performance improvement professionals in these settings to ensure the implementation and ongoing internal monitoring of evidence-based interventions in a timely and effective manner. The Quality Improvement Specialist also works subject matter experts on topics such as infection prevention (including COVID-19), immunizations and drug safety to carry out one to one quality improvement (QI), small group educational activities, learning and action networks and resource development. Duties shall include but may not be limited to:
- Establish and facilitate community learning and action networks using in person meetings, teleconferences and webinars with community stakeholders.
- Provide technical assistance to providers on root cause analysis research methods to define opportunities to improve care, develop QI Action Plans and set improvement targets.
- Work with providers to identify measures and collect serial data points to inform their QI initiatives and measure effectiveness of them.
- Manage groups of providers by monitoring clinical outcomes and quality improvement measures to demonstrate sustainment of initiatives.
- Presents results of interventions through meetings with internal and external customers (i.e., CMS, Providers, IPRO management and staff) and through large group presentations at conferences, as requested.
- Accepts new responsibilities in response to changing department needs.
- Clinical experience working in long term care, acute care or ambulatory care.
- Superior communication skills (verbal and written).
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of health care quality.
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to multi-task and meet multiple deadlines.
- Infection Prevention knowledge and expertise, a plus.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision, as well as in a team environment.
- Ability to travel to provider sites and conferences as required.
- Computer proficiency with a developed knowledge of Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Associate's degree in nursing, public administration, public policy, public health or related field, required. Master's degree, preferred.
- A minimum of five (5) years clinical experience or experience working in a health care setting, preferred.
- A minimum of two (2) years experience in health care quality improvement, required.
- RN, required
- Certified Professional in Healthcare Quality (CPHQ) or other quality certification, preferred.
IPRO offers a comprehensive benefits package.
IPRO is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment for without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
3 days ago
Great neck, Ny
Requisition no: 508362 Work type: Full Time Location: Medical Center School/Department: Faculty Practice Organization Grade: Grade 106 Categories:
Columbia University - New york, Ny - Lensa
Job Description Job Description Maintains data repository and conducts analysis of activities related to Quality Management initiatives. Provides technical support in the development and analysis of d
Northwell Health - Melville, New york - Fidanto US
Job Summary Sheltering Arms is seeking an enthusiastic, capable and self-motivated coordinator to support agency programs in providing high quality services and demonstrating positive impact on our cl
Sheltering Arms Children and Family Services - New york - Fidanto US
This individual will be responsible for recruiting Nursing Homes (NHs) for Quality Improvement initiatives and working with NHs in improving clinical quality of care, QM scores, infection prevention a
Ipro - New york - Buscojobs