About the Team
We are looking for a bright, kind and motivated by challenge individual to work as a Sample Maker in our growing manufacturing facility. We currently have a small and highly skilled team of clothing manufacturing professionals in Mohnton, PA and are looking to add an experienced Sewer to the team. Our beautiful mills were built in the 1800's and have been used to create clothing ever since. Our standards are high and we are proud of the contribution our factory makes to the company and our Clients. Our fabric is made in the Shillington location by our knitting team, cut in Mohnton, and finished by you and the rest of the sewing team. This is an exciting opportunity which enables Stitch Fix to manufacture specialty garments in the USA and with the close proximity of our Manufacturing facility to our largest warehouse, we are able to get products into the hands of our clients faster.
About the Role
As a Sample Maker, you will be responsible for constructing mens, womens and kids style garments before it goes into large-scale production. The need for this role is currently part-time but may have the opportunity to grow into a full-time role as the business scales. While we take our work seriously, we don't take ourselves seriously. We are focused on achieving our goals but like to have fun while doing it.
You're excited about this opportunity because you will
* Be part of a highly collaborative team who appreciates the contributions of others; are willing to learn multiple functions to help the success of the team and company; and take pride in producing quality work in order to delight our Clients.
* Partner with teammates to assist in a variety of processes including but not limited to: creating the first sample of a style to identify the timeline and steps of construction, repairing garments and cutting samples
* Partner with the Lead Sewer, as well as the Production and Design Manager to identify and communicate production steps that may cause limitations during large-scale production of the product and develop alternative solutions.
* Review design specifications with the ability to read tech packs to determine the step by step order of operations needed to complete the style and pattern adjustments that need to be made to meet technical pack specifications.
* Read and evaluate paper patterns and communicate with patternmaker any changes
* Enhance our current sample making process using innovation and partnership to communication skills to document changes needed.
* Have strong attention to detail that will help you to create a top quality finished product for our clients- TOP's, PP samples and proto samples.
* Experience the "art and science" of our business first hand and find creative ways to do things better and more effectively for our Clients.
* Be an integral member of a brand new part of our operations business; one that is changing, growing, and evolving.
We're excited about you because
* You have 5 years of industrial sewing experience working with various types of sewing machines and equipment that take a garment from the pattern stage to a complete garment.
* You are well versed in working with various fabric blends and garment types, and understand garment construction and different sewing practices.
* You have strong verbal and written communication skills that support problem solving and building key partnerships.
* You are motivated by challenges and can be flexible in your role, knowing that the Client is always top of mind.
* You welcome high-quality feedback and see it as crucial to being your best self.
* You get excited about meeting goals and metrics, tracking and recording production and hourly ratios.
* You think testing and iterating is fun and love being part of the solution when it comes to navigating the unknown.
* You are able to work and communicate with peers to identify and communicate a process for garment creation and make suggestions and adjustments as needed.
* You are energized by being in the action -- you'll be on your feet 8-10 hours a day, walking, bending and lifting up to 50 pounds that keep your body in constant motion.
* You have a high school diploma or equivalent.
* You are at least 18 years old.
* You are Bright, Kind, and Goal-Oriented and embody our values of Partnership, Integrity, Innovation, and Responsibility.
Why You'll Love Working at Stitch Fix
* We are a group of bright, kind and goal oriented people. You can be your authentic self here, and are empowered to encourage others to do the same!
* Your feedback and unique point of view will be welcomed, appreciated and expected.
* We are a successful, fast-growing company at the forefront of tech and fashion, redefining retail for the next generation.
* We are a technology and data-driven business.
* We are committed to our clients and connected through our vision of "Transforming the way people find what they love."
* We love solving problems, thinking creatively and trying new things
* We believe in autonomy & taking initiative
* We are challenged, developed and have meaningful impact.
* We take what we do seriously. We don't take ourselves seriously.
* We have a smart, experienced leadership team that wants to do it right & is open to new ideas.
* We offer competitive compensation packages and comprehensive health benefits.
* You will be proud to say that you work for Stitch Fix and will know that the work you do brings joy to our clients every day.
About Stitch Fix
At Stitch Fix, we're about personal styling for everybody and we believe in both a service and a workplace where you can be your best, most authentic self. We're the first fashion retailer to combine technology and data science with the human instinct of a Stylist to deliver a deeply personalized shopping experience. This novel juxtaposition attracts a highly diverse group of talented people who are both thinkers and doers. All of this results in a simple, powerful offering to our customers and a successful, growing business serving millions of men, women, and kids. We believe we are only scratching the surface on our opportunity, and we're looking for incredible people like you to help us carry on that trend.