Lactation Consultant (RN)
Title: Lactation Consultant
City, State: Mequon, WI
Location: Ascension Columbia St. Mary's Hospital Ozaukee
Department: Women's Health
Additional Job Details: .6 FTE / Days
Monday-Friday, 30 hours per week. Flexible hours.What You Will Do:
Provide lactation care and instruction to breastfeeding mothers and infants. Serve as a lactation-related clinical resource, educator, and mentor.
- Perform initial and on-going assessments of patient lactation goals and issues.
- Instruct and demonstrate proper technique and promote the importance of breastfeeding.
- Identify the need for standard patient teaching plans and assist with their development.
- Act as a liaison to staff and physicians when addressing needs associated with breastfeeding.
- Contribute to the development of data tools to monitor and improve outcomes.
Licensure / Certification / Registration:
- Registered Nurse credentialed from the Wisconsin Board of Nursing obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date required. Licensure from the Wisconsin Board of Nursing OR current home state license if considered multi-state/Compact State.
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) preferred.
- Certification specializing in Neonatal Resuscitation credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) preferred.
- Certification specializing in The S.T.A.B.L.E Program credentialed from the S.T.A.B.L.E. Program preferred.
- Certification specializing in Lactation preferred.
- Diploma from an accredited school/college of nursing required.
- IBCLC, or working towards certification preferred.
- Previous experience preferred.
No additional preferences.Why Join Our Team:
For over 170 years, Ascension Wisconsin has been providing rewarding career opportunities at 20 hospital campuses and more than 100 related healthcare facilities from Racine to Eagle River. Nearly 20,000 Ascension Wisconsin associates currently serve in four locations throughout Wisconsin — Wheaton Franciscan Healthcare, Ministry Healthcare, Columbia St. Mary's, and Affinity Healthcare. We provide generous paid time off for work-life balance, a collaborative work environment, professional development opportunities, and more to help our associates flourish personally and professionally. If you are looking for a rewarding career in healthcare, we invite you to apply today.
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all. In FY2020, Ascension provided $2.4 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs. Ascension includes more than 160,000 associates and 40,000 aligned providers across a national network of ministries. We offer rewarding careers across more than 2,600 sites of care – including 146 hospitals and more than 50 senior living facilities – in 19 states and the District of Columbia.
Ascension Wisconsin is an equal opportunity employer (EEO) and affords equal opportunity to all associates and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic data, or other legally protected status.
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the “EEO is the Law” poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
2 days ago
We Are Hiring: Title: <span style="font-size: 9pt; font-famil
Ascension - Mequon, Wi - Lensa
ProHealth Care has been the health care leader in Waukesha County and surrounding areas for the past century, providing outstanding care across a full spectrum of services. The people of ProHealth Car
ProHealth Care - Waukesha, Wi - Lensa
Come join our award winning team! See What Is Possible.... The Froedtert & the Medical College of Wisconsin regional health network is a partnership between Froedtert Health
Froedtert - Milwaukee, Wi - Lensa
Job Description Come join our award winning team! See What Is Possible.... The Froedtert & the Medical College of Wisconsin regional health network is a partn
Froedtert - Milwaukee, Wi - ZipRecruiter Test