Clinical Pharmacist - Pharmacy
We are looking for a Clinical Pharmacist for the Pharmacy Department at St. Mary Medical Center.
Location: Apple Valley, CA
Work Schedule: On Call / Per Diem
Shift: 10-hour, Days (Variable)
Provides pharmaceutical assessment, treatment and care of the neonate, pediatric, adolescent, adult and geriatric patient populations served. The pharmacist, proficient in the required competencies/skills, is responsible for monitoring drug therapy, providing drug information, consulting with medical, nursing staffs, and others to deliver cost effective, Compassionate, Quality, Pharmaceutical Care to all Medical Center Patients.
- Performs clinical pharmacy functions accurately and in a timely manner. These functions include an assessment of all aspects of medication related therapy necessary to provide for the safety, efficacy, and cost-effectiveness of drug use.
- Supports the pharmacy's pharmacoeconomic efforts. Reviews the use of targeted medications for compliance with current pharmacy pharmecoeconomic programs.
- Monitors drug therapy regimens for contraindications, drug-drug interactions, drug-food interactions, allergies and appropriateness of drug and dose.
- Assists with Pharmacy consult service and drug dosing per organizational protocol.
- Reviews/interprets culture and susceptibility data for antibiotic appropriateness and recommends changes as needed.
- Participates with drug reviews, M.U.E. criteria, antibiotic sensitivity reports, adverse drug reaction reports and pharmacy interventions summary for the Pharmacy and Therapeutics Committee.
- Detects and reports suspected adverse drug reactions accurately and in a timely manner.
- Maintains the formulary by minimizing non-formulary procurements, utilizing therapeutic substitution protocols and promoting rational drug therapy selection.
- Provides clinical consultation and clarification for practitioners. Suggests appropriate, cost-effective therapeutic alternatives to medical staff, as needed.
- Establishes productive, collaborative relationships with staff members and within the community.
- Provides staff education, and training regarding systems, process, guidelines, and medications.
- Documents all clinical activities and interventions accurately and completely.
- Responsible for the self-directed education necessary to develop, maintains and improves professional competence. Commits to improving knowledge of current treads and developments in the medical and pharmaceutical field by reading appropriate journals, books, and other literature and by attending seminars and conferences.
- Participate in distributive functions as necessary.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong mathematical skills in addition, subtraction, multiplication and division of all units of measures, with whole numbers, common fractions and decimals. Can compute rates, ratios and percentages and interprets graphs.
Minimum Position Requirements:
Education: Coursework/Training - Graduate of a School of Pharmacy.
- Current California Registered Pharmacist License per Primary Source Verification.
- Current California Registered Pharmacist License to be presented (within 30 days of hire).
Preferred Position Qualifications:
Experience: 1 year experience in a hospital setting
St. Mary Medical Center (SMMC) is an acute care hospital with 213 beds and over 1,750 employees making it one of the region's largest employers serving communities of the High Desert. The facility was constructed in 1956 and joined the St. Joseph Health System in 1992.
This facility has the only Neonatal Care Unit in the High Desert Accredited by California Children Services and has been granted approval as a Special Hospital with the California Children's Services Community Neonatal Intensive Care Unit. St. Mary was accredited as a primary Stroke Receiving Center in 2018, the only stroke-receiving center in the High Desert.
The Services and Clinical Specialties offered at this Hospital are Diabetes Education, Emergency Services, Heart and Vascular Services, Imaging Services, Rehabilitation Services, Respiratory Services, Robotic Surgery Services, Surgical Services, Women & Children's Services and Wound Care and Hyperbaric Medicine.
7 days ago
Apple valley, Ca
St. Joseph Health
We are looking for a Clinical Pharmacist for the Pharmacy Department at St. Mary Medical Center. Location Apple Valley, CA Work Schedule On Call Per Diem Shift 10-hour, Days Variable Job Summary Provi
St. Joseph Health - Apple valley, California - Fidanto US
At Truepill, we are building the future of healthcare. Through our digital health platform, we empower our partners to deliver world-class patient experiences. With nearly five million prescriptions s
Truepill - California - Buscojobs
Responsibilities Inpatient -Under the supervision of the Director of Pharmacy, coordinates the activities of the pharmacy department to provide the highest quality of pharmaceutical care to all patie
Mission Regional Medical center - Victorville, Ca - Lensa
Our Company Overview Our Pharmacy group focuses on providing exceptional customer service and meeting the pharmacy needs for hospitals, rehabilitation hospitals, long-term acute care hospitals, and
Pharmerica - California - Buscojobs