Automation Start-up Technician
Newcomb and Company Raleigh, NC
About Us: Newcomb and Company is a wholly owned subsidiary of EMCOR Group, Inc. We are a full-service mechanical contractor providing customers in the commercial, residential, and industrial sectors with innovative, energy efficient heating and air conditioning services, automation and controls, industrial piping, new-construction design and installation, and maintenance and replacement services. More information about the company can be found at www.newcombandcompany.com.
Job Title: Automation Start-up Technician
Experience: Minimum 2 years of experience
Wage: Commensurate with skills
- Ensure that all field installed devises are installed and operating properly, including but not limited to:
- Verification of proper bus operation
- Conducting point to point check
- Calibrate sensors
- Downloading controllers
- Verify equipment sequence
Completion verification documentation
- Maintain excellent communication between the automation department and its customers.
- Assist in the close out process of total project while maintaining a high level of professionalism.
- Assist other departments and trades when necessary (install controls, small duct modifications, graphics, etc.).
- Accurate and timely reporting of job conditions.
- Arrive at the assigned location at the assigned time
- Complete all necessary paperwork for processing in a timely manner
- Verification forms
Work orders and change order forms
- Assist in owner training and commissioning efforts
- Maintain technical knowledge and participate in training when necessary
- Maintain all company supplied tools and resources
- Accurately record time
- Be available after normal working hours when needed
- Maintain assigned company vehicle
- Increase knowledge of necessary technology (Vendor software)
- Increase knowledge of automation components
- Limit starts from the office
- Increase communication to team members including creation of daily log on a daily basis
- Understanding of local codes
- Even temperament and good judgement
- Command of the technical language involved with automation and mechanical systems
- Understanding of various types of control systems
- Good organizational and planning skills
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Good problem solving skills
- Understands and executes "completion"
- Fosters relationships with customers and team members
Physical Requirements and Jon Environment:
- All candidates for this position should be reasonably physically fit and capable of picking up a 50 lb. tool, piece of equipment or piece of material and moving it about either on a jobsite, at a vendor, our warehouse, etc.
- Ability to stand, bend, and kneel when needed
- Comfortable climbing ladders and working from scissor lifts at heights.
- All Automation Start-up Technicians typically load and unload materials for projects and move these materials into place at the job site. This may involve carrying a load in tight and difficult situations and on uneven terrain.
- All candidates will be familiar with the safe operation and capable of using hammer type drills and similar tools.
- Environmental conditions may range from outdoors at all times of the year to indoors at normal office conditions to indoor utility plants.
We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
6 days ago
EMCOR Group, Inc.
Newcomb and Company Raleigh, NCAbout Us: Founded in 1954, Newcomb and Company is a full-service mechanical contractor providing customers in the commercial, residential, and industrial sectors with in
EMCOR - Raleigh, Nc - Lensa
Pharmaceutical Research Associates, Inc. Start-Up Lead US-Remote Job ID: 2021-78499 Type: US-Southeast # of Openings: 1
Pharmaceutical Research Associates, Inc. - Raleigh - DisabledPerson
Job Description Automation Technician General Description: Under the supervision of the Engineering Manager, the 2nd Shift Automation Technician is responsible for Aut
TRC Staffing - Youngsville, Nc - ZipRecruiter Test
Piper Companies is currently looking for a Senior Study Start Up Manager to sit remotely and to join a team dedicated to bettering lives through successful clinical trialsResponsibilities for the Seni
Piper Companies - Raleigh, Nc - Experteer US