Agent & Insured Digital Experience Program Manager
Be Here. Be Great. Working for a leader in the insurance industry means opportunity for you. Great American Insurance Group’s member companies are subsidiaries of American Financial Group, a Fortune 500 company. We combine a "small company" culture where your ideas will be heard with "big company" expertise to help you succeed. With over 30 specialty property and casualty operations and a variety of financial services, there are always opportunities here to learn and grow.
Great American is looking for an experienced Program Manager to lead a new strategic initiative for the company. The work within the Program is based on user-centric design and implementation of portal solutions for Agents and Insureds working with GAI. The Program Manager will work directly with a Release Train Engineer, Scrum Masters, Product Owners, and Development Teams to ensure successful implementation of those items with high business value and high prioritization. This person will manage the full software development lifecycle of the work across all areas including IT, business, supporting functions and all stakeholders.
- Works directly with Business and IT Executives to obtain, manage and achieve program objectives, direction, and any necessary changes.
- Manages external vendor teams to a plan for the delivery of their work.
- Partners with Product Management team and Program Leadership to plan releases, coordinate end-to-end work and dependencies within the work, understand high-value work items and minimal viable product with iterations continuing after that is achieved.
- Facilitates meetings as necessary and ensures participants/teams are achieving value from them.
- Helps the teams identify and understand risks, dependencies, and impediments and communicates with program leadership and executives on issues as appropriate.
- Coaches teams, managers, and program leadership in effective planning, management of work, and execution of work.
- Focused on what needs to be delivered, why it needs to be delivered, and what success looks like.
- Helps the program leadership team to continuously improve their interactions, practices, and processes, while also working with the Release Train Engineer to ensure teams are focused on continuous improvement.
- Provides feedback to program and team leadership in a productive format to achieve program objectives.
- Understand impacts of risks and issues, escalating as appropriate while driving toward solutions.
- Facilitates estimation of work and resource allocations with program leadership.
- Manages integrated scope, schedule, budget, quality across the program.
- Ensures adherence to integrated plans and schedules.
- Leads change management work in order to deliver more efficiently and effectively.
- Works with Chair of the Executive Steering Committee to set agendas and facilitate discussions.
- Will supervisor RTEs, project managers, or scrum masters working within the program.
- Experience in building teams and organizing complex projects or programs.
- Must have expertise in leveraging Agile methodologies, preferably as a Scrum Master, Release Train Engineer, or as a Project Manager who worked directly with scrum teams.
- Served as Program Manager for five or more complex programs or large, complex projects with multiple workstreams.
- 7+ years’ experience in creating and facilitating execution of communication plans for complex programs and projects, tailoring activities for various audiences.
- Ability to tailor messages for a variety of audiences, including business and IT executives.
- Expertise in facilitation skills and previous application in Executive-level meetings.
- Outstanding leadership and organizational skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to adapt to undefined processes, evolving priorities, and differing viewpoints when considering how to approach problems.
- Experience leading IT and non-IT projects and teams, often working with newly formed teams or teams needing help in planning and delivering.
- Ability to lead, inspire, and motivate others.
- Ability to pull information from multiple sources, synthesizing to key points, and then communicate out to teams, program leadership, and stakeholders.
- Analytical and problem solving skills with a high attention to detail.
- Ability and willingness to go to a detailed level and perform additional duties outside of the role as necessary, inclusive of task ownership to ensure the solution is delivered on time and within budget.
- 10 to 15 years of related program management experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field – preferred
2 days ago
Great American Insurance Co.
Be Here. Be Great. Wor
Great American Insurance Co. - Cincinnati, Oh - Lensa
Job Description Can you picture a life where helping families is your career? One where you enjoy waking up every morning to go to work? Family First Life can help make that happen. At Family First
Family First Life - Cincinnati, Oh - Lensa
Job Description Here at Family First Life, we have the best mortgage protection program in the business and we have serious demand nationwide. Can you imagine a product that everybody NEEDS (not jus
Family First Life Northwest - Cincinnati, Oh - Lensa
Lincoln Heritage Life Insurance Company - Life Insurance Sales Agent We are searching for qualified, licensed life insurance agents to join the Nations Leader in Final Expense sales. The L
Lincoln Heritage Life Insurance - Cincinnati, Oh - Lensa