Dexcom, Inc. empowers people to take control of diabetes through innovative continuous glucose monitoring (CGM) systems. Headquartered in San Diego, California, Dexcom has emerged as a leader of diabetes care technology. By listening to the needs of users, caregivers, and providers, Dexcom simplifies and improves diabetes management around the world.
This role is remote based, but can also be located at our HQ in San Diego. Dexcom is expanding its growing reputation as one of the technology leaders in diabetes management and patient satisfaction. Our goal is to lead in the development of the emerging digital health space and the software that drives this modern world. The security and integrity of our trustworthy CGM is a foundational driver of everything we build and the data that is collected from this life saving technology is pivotal both internally for building better products and services but also globally to the diabetes community who collectively are working hard to reduce the impacts of this debilitating disease.
The R&D Cybersecurity, Privacy and Data Governance services team is looking for an experienced Data Privacy Analyst who possesses excellent knowledge in the areas of Data Security, Privacy Compliance, policies and regulations. You will work across multiple organizations to drive data privacy standards and adoption to build the next generation of Dexcom's programs, products and services. Your strong subject matter expertise, leadership and relationship management skills will help you to ensure the success of complex programs and ground breaking new initiatives.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Inquisitive self-starter will research, discover and document areas for on-going improvement across various components; from embedded firmware, to communications/transportation protocols, to data processing and storage, to access management and controls in support of complying with ever changing privacy standards, legal and regulatory requirements.
* Manage Privacy Impact Assessments for all programs, processes and projects across the R&D organization.
* Interface with Privacy Compliance office to ensure execution of Data Subject Access Requests across all R&D data stores and help manage broader corporate privacy compliance program initiatives across R&D products and services.
* Participate in R&D Risk Assessment process to ensure privacy risks are identified and acceptable mitigations are driven to completion.
* Champion Privacy-by-Design principles within cross-functional product/project teams.
* Proven ability to work independently and in a cross-functional capacity, managing and influencing senior leaders, employees and vendors to deliver efforts, decisions and results as it relates to Cybersecurity and Data Privacy strategic and change management initiatives.
* Anticipate, recognize, and work through resistance or setbacks, work well with others when conflicts arise. Ensure alignment with objectives. Promote understanding of alternative viewpoints before driving for closure and cooperation. Identify short and long-term trade-offs and balance the needs of all stakeholders to implementation of changes.
* Familiarity with at least one of the following data protection/privacy regulations and associated frameworks GDPR, CCPA, HIPAA, NIST frameworks, ISO standards, etc.
* IAPP Certification (CIPP, CIPM, CIPT)
* Track record working with data from multiple sources - willingness to dig-in and understand the data and to leverage creative thinking and problem-solving.
* Must be highly collaborative and able to work in a team-based environment offering services to a fast-paced, multi-disciplinary organization negotiating for competing priorities and resources.
* Knowledge of the product development process.
* Strong initiative, self-driven to deliver results without daily supervision.
* Sense of humor
* Previous experience performing privacy risk assessments
* Medical Device or Health Care industry experience preferred
* Knowledge of medical device design controls requirements preferred
* Experience with Agile development methodologies and practices.
Experience and Education Requirements:
* Typically requires a Bachelor's degree in a technical discipline, and a minimum of 8-12 years related experience or Master's degree and 5-7 years equivalent industry experience or a PhD and 2-4 years of experience.
Manages the development and implementation process of a company's products and services. Oversees multiple interconnected, complex projects, coordinates departmental or cross-functional teams, and focused on delivering new or upgrading existing products. Monitors the program from initiation through commercialization including planning and directing schedules and monitoring budget/spending to ensure successful program outcomes. May develop, define and execute project plans, identify resources, define and assign major roles, and interface with external customers or field-based employees on technical matters, as needed.
To all Staffing and Recruiting Agencies: Our Careers Site is only for individuals seeking a job at Dexcom. Only authorized staffing and recruiting agencies may use this site or to submit profiles, applications or resumes on specific requisitions. Dexcom does not accept unsolicited resumes or applications from agencies. Please do not forward resumes to the Talent Acquisition team, Dexcom employees or any other company location. Dexcom is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes/applications.