Technical Specialist Electro-Mechanical
- AAS degree in electro-mechanical technology or equivalent, plus at least four years of relevant work experience.
- Demonstrated experience with the manufacture, repair and maintenance of complex electro-mechanical systems such as AC and stepper motor drive systems, air compressors or similar equipment.
- Proficient in the use of electronic test equipment for diagnostics and troubleshooting.
- Experience wiring electronic chassis and signal cables
- Effective written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work from mechanical drawings and schematics
- Demonstrated commitment to working safely under strict guidelines.
- Experience in the safe use of power hand tools
- Overtime work will be required (during shutdown, maintenance)
- Experience performing precision machining of a wide variety of materials using common machine tools; lathes, mills, drill press, and saws.
- Experience with permanent magnets, ultra-high vacuum (leak checking and operation of vacuum pumps and gauges), cryogenic, motion control and water cooling systems.
- Experience with software such as AutoCAD Inventor, Excel, Igor Pro and LabVIEW.
- Knowledge of Metrology and the use of precision inspection tools to the micron level
- Skilled in soldering through-hole and surface-mount circuitry.
- Ability to qualify as a material handler to operate forklifts and perform basic rigging tasks.
Environmental, Health and Safety:
- Ability to regularly carry up to 40 lbs; climb ladders and to qualify as a material handler to operate forklifts and perform basic rigging tasks.
- BNL will not sponsor a visa for this position.
- Candidates will be hired at the appropriate level commensurate with depth and breadth of experience.
At Brookhaven National Laboratory we believe that a comprehensive employee benefits program is an important and meaningful part of the compensation employees receive. Our benefits program includes, but is not limited to:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Care Plans
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Paid Time-off and Leave Programs (vacation, holidays, sick leave, paid parental leave)
- Lab-funded Retirement Plan
- 401(k) Plan
- Flexible Work Arrangements
- Tuition Assistance, Training and Professional Development Programs
- Employee Fitness/Wellness & Recreation: Gym/Basketball Courts, Weight Room, Fitness Classes, Indoor Pool, Tennis Courts, Sports Clubs/Activities (Basketball, Ping Pong, Softball, Tennis)
Brookhaven National Laboratory and the Energy and Photon Sciences Directorate are committed to your success. We offer a supportive work environment and the resources necessary for you to succeed.
- Machining, fabrication and assembly of equipment to support the group operation.
- Manufacture, repair and maintenance of complex electro-mechanical systems such as AC and stepper motor drive systems, air compressors or similar equipment.
- Assisting in the magnetic measurement with related assembly and adjustments required to meet extremely precise specifications.
4 minutes ago
Brookhaven Science Associates
Job Description Lehigh Technical has partnered with a local manufacturing company who is looking for skilled Electro- Mechanical Assemblers. If you have at least 2 -3 years of exper
Lehigh Technical - Plainview, Ny - Xpatjobs
Our Culture Encourages Collaboration, Creativity and Curiosity 2020 was a year like no other, and at Santinelli International we emerged stronger and more connected than ever. We a
Santinelli International - Hauppauge, Ny - Lensa
Job Description Lehigh Technical has partnered with an Aerospace and Defense Manufacturing company who is seeking a quality inspector to join their team. This is a permanent direct hire opportunity wi
Lehigh Technical - Plainview, Ny - Lensa
Lehigh Technical has partnered with an Aerospace and Defense Manufacturing company who is seeking a quality inspecto
Nesco Resource, LLC - Plainview, Ny - Lensa