Etsy is the global marketplace for unique and creative goods. We build, power, and evolve the tools and technologies that connect entrepreneurs with buyers around the world. As an Etsy employee, you'll tackle unique problems alongside talented coworkers committed to Keeping Commerce Human. We're large enough that you'll focus on meaningful, complex challenges, but small enough that you can make a rewarding impact.
We are looking for an accomplished product leader with expertise in order processing and package delivery to lead Etsy's end-to-end fulfillment experience.
As the Director of Product in Fulfillment, you will manage a team of product managers who lead all aspects of the buyer and seller fulfillment journey. We seek a candidate who can manage a large scope and effectively partner across the organization - with engineers, marketing, design, and others - to develop and execute a product strategy that shapes the future of handmade fulfillment. We value prior experience that enables you to apply standard fulfillment methodologies and innovations to Etsy's unique value propositions. Do you have a desire to build outstanding products and tackle multifaceted fulfillment challenges? If so, this could be the ideal match!
This is a full-time position located (eventually) in the greater New York City area or San Francisco Bay area, reporting to the Vice President of Product. We offer flexible workplace policies that can accommodate work from home candidates who are comfortable traveling to an office location 2-3 times per week.
Many Etsy roles are open to remote candidates, and you'll be able to identify which ones within the location header of each job description. For candidates who will work remotely from Colorado, visit this link for information related to Colorado's Equal Pay for Equal Work Act.
In this role you will:
* Manage a team of product managers and support their career advancement through mentoring and professional guidance
* Champion the fulfillment needs of buyers, sellers, and internal partners by developing a vision for the evolution of handmade fulfillment and a plan to get there
* Drive OKRs and set critical metrics; clearly define requirements, goals, and success criteria for product managers and their teams
* Relentlessly prioritize and focus your team on development that addresses top opportunities that benefit Etsy's buyers, sellers, and overall business
* Of course, this is just a sample of the kinds of work this role will require! You should assume that your role will encompass other tasks, too, and that your job duties and responsibilities may change from time to time at Etsy's discretion, or otherwise applicable with local law
Ideally you'll bring:
* A trust in and dedication to Etsy's vision, mission and values
* At least 5 years of experience in leading product initiatives
* At least 2 years of leading and developing a team of product managers, while having shown an ability to work effectively in a matrixed organization structure
* Passionate about solving complex, multi-sided marketplace fulfillment problems, developing strategies and roadmaps, and executing plans that create new value for buyers, sellers, and the larger business
* Experience defining fulfillment and product metrics, using them to drive decisions, and pairing that with a sense for how and when to balance data with intuition
* A natural collaborator and communicator who has a track record of building positive relationships across a broad, diverse organization.
* Experience working in e-commerce, retail, marketplaces, transportation, logistics, or a related sector
If you're interested in joining the team at Etsy, please send a cover letter and resume telling us why you'd be right for the position. As you've hopefully seen already, Etsy is a place that values individuality and variety. We don't want you to be like everyone else - we want you to be like you! So write to us and tell us what you're all about.
At Etsy, we believe that a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace makes us a more relevant, more competitive, and more resilient company. We encourage people from all backgrounds, ages, abilities, and experiences to apply. Etsy is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy or caregiver status, veteran status, or any other legally protected status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application and interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. While Etsy supports visa sponsorship, sponsorship opportunities may be limited to certain roles and skillsets.