Financial Specialist, Senior
Idaho Department of Parks & Recreation is currently seeking a full-time
Financial Specialist, Senior to perform a full range of advanced professional financial duties requiring the application of accounting and/or auditing theory, principles, and practices; perform related work.
- Assist in development of the department's annual legislative appropriation request.
- Budget management and control.
- Analysis of budget adjustments needed for department programs and monitoring, adjustment, and maintenance of monthly budget allotments.
- Primary budgetary contact and support for assigned programs, divisions and business managers.
- Recommend and implement budgetary actions.
- Financial management coordination. Heavy, ongoing interaction with the department's Financial Services unit to coordinate development and reconciliation of financial and budget actions.
- Provide financial and budget training to department staff, as needed (on use of budget, financial, and management information systems).
- Develop or provide input on; budget guidelines and instructions, current and projected program needs, actions needed to assure conformance with budget guidelines, regulations, policies, and procedures, budget schedules, narrative justifications, reports (charts, graphs, narratives) for budget presentations, and development of funding priorities and distribution of appropriations.
- Occasional budgetary liaison with Legislative Services and the Division of Financial Management
- Conduct meetings to discuss programmatic and financial issues that have the potential to be controversial, adversarial, or confidential in nature.
- Develop and prepare complex financial documents such as budgets, projections, cash flow analyses, etc.
- Utilize current information technology to analyze, research, and maintain financial data, develop financial documents and resolve problems.
- Work proficiently with Excel, Word, and Access.
Good knowledge of:
- Accounting principles and practices
- Developing and preparing financial documents
- Using a personal computer to develop, analyze, and report on financial data
- Analyzing financial activities and recommending management action
- Good knowledge of supervisory practices
Preferred candidates will have the following:
- Certified Government Financial Manager (CGFM) certification
- Experience with IBM Cognos Report Studio or Query Studio applications
Some positions may require moderate to extensive travel.
Hiring is done without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age or disability. If you need special accommodations to satisfy testing requirements, please contact the Division of Human Resources at (208) 334-2263.
Preference may be given to veterans who qualify under state and federal laws and regulations.
54 minutes ago
State of Idaho
Financial Specialist Print (http://agency.governmentjobs.com/idaho/job_bulletin.cfm?jobID=3037036&sharedWindow=0) Apply Financial Specialist Salary $47,070.40 - $72,113.60 Annually Location Mer
Idaho Division of Human Resources - Meridian, Id - Lensa
Job Title: Personal Financial Representative Would you like to own a meaningful financial services practice under the Allstate brand? Scale your existing practice with proven support, flexibility and
Allstate - Idaho - Jobomas US
Albertsons Companies is at the forefront of the revolution in retail. We have a new vision forging a retail winner that is admired for national strength with deep local roots, that offers an easy, fun
Albertsons - Boise, Idaho - Fidanto US
The Financial Analyst II generates reporting on key financial metrics that promotes financial accountability and highlights ri
Albertsons Companies, Inc. - Boise, Id - Lensa