Billing Representative 1
Do you wish to work with a great team and are ready for your next experience?
Join our team of competent and compassionate professionals as a Billing Representative at Behavioral Health Network! This is a 6 month assignment with a potential regular position after 6 months.
Your experience, knowledge, and great skills will support the Billing Department with the following tasks:
- Scrubbing claims prior to submission for errors and billing accuracy. Researching and troubleshooting errors for resolution and/or escalate to proper staff as needed. Ensuring proper coding and unit calculations occur when appropriate.
- Creating, transmitting, and sending all claims within the agency utilizing appropriate methods. Working with a clearinghouse to follow up on all batches submitted to ensure all claims adjudicate without rejection. Resolving all front-end errors and rejections in a timely manner and resubmit claims.
- Researching, developing, and maintaining a solid understanding of all third party payer and contractual billing requirements for all programs, becoming a subject matter expert for an assigned selection of services or payers.
- Investigating denied claims and applying appropriate resolution techniques, such as a written appeal or corrected claim, within a timely manner to obtain payment.
- Managing and effectively resolving overpayments/credits on account balances upon transactions.
- Reviewing outstanding aged receivables by researching internal and external policies, procedures, and guidelines, and taking appropriate corrective action to resolve balance.
- Learning and understanding the revenue cycle process from the time an appointment is scheduled to when the claim has been paid.
Who are we?
Behavioral Health Network is a growing non-profit community behavioral health agency that has been providing services to children, adults, families and communities in Western Massachusetts since 1938. BHN provides comprehensive, outcome-driven behavioral health care. We are dedicated to offering high quality, affordable and culturally appropriate care to people of all ages and income levels in our constituent communities.
Reasons to work with us:
- BHN offers amazing services to those in our community to help people develop more fulfilling lives
- Ability to gain additional experience within the medical billing industry
- Fast paced, exciting work environment
- Excellent benefit package & time off benefits available
What are we looking for in a Billing Representative?
- High School Diploma or GED (Required)
- Associates Degree or 3-5 years prior health care billing experience (Preferred)
- Ability to schedule, meet and maintain daily and monthly routines, as well as preserve the integrity of the EHR
- Ability to organize tasks and priorities as well as meet individual and department goals
- Extensive knowledge of medical insurance and an overall understanding of managed care products (HMO, PPO, ACO, etc.) as well as billing and collections with CPT, ICD-10, and HCPC coding and medical terminology.
- Proficient computers skills including Microsoft applications such as Word, Excel, Outlook, etc. (Required)
- Possess analytical and problem solving skills
- Team Player - Ability to interact effectively with other departments and key contacts necessary to facilitate billing process
- Knowledge and compliance of Medicares Fraud Waste and Abuse guidelines and principals
How to apply to be a Billing Representative?
If you are interested in this opportunity, please visit our website at and click on Browse All Jobs to apply!
1 days ago
Behavioral Health Network, Inc.
Do you wish to work with a great team and are ready for your next experience? Join our team of competent and compassionate professionals as a Billing Representativ
Behavioral Health Network, Inc. - Springfield, Ma - Lensa
Do you wish to work with a great team and are ready for your next experience? Join our team of competent and compassionate professionals as a Remote <
Behavorial Health Network, Inc - Springfield, Ma - Xpatjobs
Careers at UnitedHealth Group We're creating opportunities in every corner of the health care marketplace to improve lives while we're building careers. At UnitedHealth Group, we support you with the
United healthcare Group - Hartford, Ct - Lensa
Phoenix Home Care is currently seeking a full-time Revenue Cycle Billing Specialist (Billing/Collections) for Home and Commu
Phoenix Home Care and Hospice - Springfield, Ma - Lensa