Cloud DevOps Engineer
Do you enjoy designing and building solutions that help a company execute on their mission? Would you enjoy working for an organization that is disrupting the oral and healthcare industries? Then you found the right spot. Delta Dental of Washington is looking for a passionate and talented Cloud DevOps Engineer with a software development, infrastructure, and/or DevOps background to collaborate with development, engineering, product, and other IT teams on deployment, reliability, performance, and cost efficiency of Amazon Web Services (AWS). The services you and your team will build will directly assist our mission of disrupting, transforming, and revolutionizing the oral health industry to remove barriers to health care and improve overall health.
You would be great for this role if you enjoy:
- Designing and engineering mission-critical native cloud services in a product management environment that align to business requirements and external partner needs
- Developing scripts, automation, infrastructure as code, and utilizing monitoring systems to enhance performance and reliability while also minimizing outages in on-premises or hybrid cloud infrastructures.
- Supporting multi-tier architectures including frontend, service, Identity and Access Management (IAM), and database layers.
- Identifying existing manual tasks which can be eliminated with automation and taking ownership in developing the solution.
Our vision is that all people can enjoy good oral and overall health, with no one left behind and as an innovative leader promoting oral and overall health, Delta Dental of Washington fosters a customer-focused culture that is grounded in our core values operating as one team with great work/life balance, a high degree of autonomy, and the opportunity for remote work.
- Provision, manage, and maintain various AWS services across our multi-account architecture
- Identify and automate manual processes/tasks (code deployment, environment/infrastructure build out, software updates, etc) so they are repeatable, consistent, and auditable
- Ensure software updates and code deployments are of sufficient quality and efficiency
- Identify, contain, and remediate operational issues to ensure the team meets customer expectations and leverage IT Service Management processes in accordance with policy
- Develop CloudFormation and PowerShell/Python scripts to provision and configure infrastructure in AWS
- Participate in reviews of code with other members of the DevOps team to ensure usability and quality are high
- Configure and use Application Performance Management (APM) tools to track performance for real users, and performance of systems, services, and databases
- Monitor and improve performance, scalability, and cost-efficiency of systems
- Troubleshoot issues and perform Root Cause Analysis (RCA)
- Develop and validate specifications and standards for software development as they relate to deploying and operating software in the environment
- Partner closely with IT Security Operations and development teams for remediation of security vulnerabilities
- Participate in on-call rotation and code deployment schedule, often after business hours
- Promote a devops culture across technology teams
- 3+ years’ experience building and deploying solutions utilizing Amazon Web Services (AWS) or similar cloud computing technologies
- Bachelor’s degree plus 3-years’ experience or 5-years’ experience in software development or infrastructure engineering required.
- Experience deploying, configuring, monitoring and troubleshooting .NET applications
- Expertise in PowerShell and experience or training in Java, C#/C++, Python or other object-oriented high-level programming languages—PowerShell and Python preferred
- Experience with Microsoft Windows Server operating systems (2012 and newer)
- Broad understanding of automation and orchestration (CloudFormation, AWS CDK, Terraform, etc.) tools and technologies
- A Customer-first mindset to help us stay aligned to our mission, vision, and purpose
- Strong proponent of cybersecurity best practices
- Understanding of software quality methods to assist you in working with SQA test teams and applying quality checks on your code
- Building and maintaining CI/CD pipelines
- A risk/reward mindset to communicate opportunities or issues and promote effective decision making within the team
- A commitment to continuous improvement
- Hands-on experience in the following technologies
- Identity and Access Management (e.g. Cognito, Auth0, SiteMinder, Okta)
- AWS application infrastructure (e.g. WAF, ELB, API Gateway, CloudFront, Docker)
- Infrastructure as Code (e.g. CDK, Lambda, CloudFormation)
- Application Performance Management (e.g. Dynatrace, New Relic)
Delta Dental of Washington is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
4 days ago
Delta Dental of WA
Overview Do you enjoy designing and building solutions that help a company execute on their mission? Would you enjoy working for an organization that is disrupting the oral and healthcare industries?
Delta Dental of Washington - Seattle, Washington - Resume Library
DescriptionCloud Solutions Architect - DevOpsSeattle, WA(REMOTE, until otherwise noted) This is a great opportunity for you to exercise significant influence in working with development teams and fell
Logic20/20 - Seattle, Wa - Experteer US
Wind River Systems Engineering • Seattle, Washington Wind River is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to diversity. We prohibit discrimination based on race,
Wind River Systems - Seattle - DisabledPerson
Our Company Changing the world through digital experiences is what Adobe's all about. We give everyone-from emerging artists to global brands-everything they need to design and deliver exceptional di
Adobe Systems Incorporated - Seattle, Wa - Lensa