General Education Faculty - Math Instructor
Position Title: General Education Faculty - Math Instructor - Tempe, Arizona Campus
Full-Time/Part-Time: Full Time
Location: Tempe, Arizona
Requires direct contact with students in instruction, training, and monitoring professional and academic development throughout their program. Instructors teach three classes per day or evening shift. The Instructor provides a learning experience to students and evaluates their achievements.
- Keep students engaged in a classroom environment while following an established curriculum / syllabus. Create positive educational climate for students to learn in while establishing and communicating clear objectives for all learning activities.
- Offer constant guidance during the practical portion of class - educating students on proper technique and skills.
- Meet course and school-wide student performance goals.
- Manage student behavior in the classroom by invoking approved disciplinary procedures. Observe and evaluate student's performance and counsel those who do not adhere to guidelines.
- Recognize and analyze outward signs of problems that students may have that inhibit their achievement and take appropriate action. Identify and students who are "at risk" of leaving the course to Academic Adviser.
- Provide ongoing student advisement and academic counseling. Tutor students on an individual basis when needed.
- Grade tests and projects, maintain grade books, track attendance and perform other administrative duties as needed.
- Participate in ongoing training sessions. Provide input and participate in academic committees formed for the purpose of enrichment of both the programs and students.
Light Work: Exerting up to 25 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects. If the use of arm and/or leg controls requires exertion of forces greater than that for sedentary work and the worker sits most of the time, the job is rated for light work.
Visual Acuity: Position requires close visual acuity to perform activities (i.e. preparing/analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer monitor; extensive reading; visual inspection involving small defects, small parts, and/or operation of machines; using measurement devices; and/or assembly or fabrication parts at distances close to the eyes).
Work Environment: Moderate noise.
Environmental Conditions: Typical office or administrative conditions (i.e. not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions).
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- A minimum of three (3) years' experience directly related to the programs overseen is required.
- Require a minimum of Bachelor's Degree, documented formal education/training in the field of study for which the program is preparing students to enter (formal education or training in a closely related field may be considered).
- Meet applicable accreditation, state and national faculty/instructor credential, certification and/or licensure standards associated with program areas overseen.
- Post-Secondary Instructor experience preferred.
This position is open until filled. The length of the recruitment and screening process may vary from position to position, depending upon a variety of factors. Should review of your qualifications result in a decision to pursue your candidacy, you will be contacted by phone or email.
1 days ago
Position Title: General Education Faculty - Math Instructor - Tempe, Arizona CampusFull-Time/Part-Time: Full TimeDepartment: EducationLocation: Tempe, ArizonaEssential Responsibilities:Requires direct
Arizona College - Tempe, Az - Lensa
Position Title: General Education Faculty - Math Instructor - Tempe, Arizona Campus Full-Time/Part-Time: Full Time Department: Educati
Arizona College - Tempe, Az - Lensa
As a leading healthcare education organization, Unitek Learning’s family of schools helps thousands of students launch and accelerate their careers every year. As a rapidly gro
Unitek Learning, Inc. - Tempe, Az - Lensa
Description: Are you looking for a supportive teaching environment with low student-teacher ratios and the ability to make a significant impact on student outcomes? Do you want to join a multi-
Devereux Advanced Behavioral Health - Scottsdale, Arizona - Resume Library