The primary objective for Power Plant Services is to execute steam and gas turbine generator maintenance inspections and emergency rebuilds. Project staff is mobilized as needed to disassemble, inspect, repair, and reassemble and start-up power generation equipment at utility and industrial facilities around the country. As a Technical Director you would have overall responsibility for field projects as assigned with job site functions including personnel safety, Quality Control, technical integrity of the equipment, schedule & project management, customer satisfaction and financial results accountability.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Technical Knowledge: Technical Director must have a thorough knowledge of turbine and generator maintenance practices and techniques as well as basic unit operations, controls settings, auxiliary systems, start-up procedures and vibration analysis. Must have knowledge related to installation of turbine generator equipment including internal and external alignments, bearing loading, clearance interpretations, component repair techniques as well as proper sealant and gasketing techniques for equipment of all temperatures and pressures. Thorough knowledge of rigging and creation of rigging plans including inverting difficult shapes such as turbine casings, etc.
- Technical Communication: Must be able to write detailed, clear and concise daily, event, and final report type documents, have the ability to interpret technical drawings and communicate technical requirements of the project to the customer, project staff, engineers, vendors and remote service facilities.
- Leadership: As in the in-the-field representative of the company, the Technical Director must effectively lead all project personnel including in house resources, customer contacts, vendors, suppliers and anyone else who may be engaged to support the project.
- Sales Skills: Utilize our technical resources for face to face sales visits with prospects and existing customers. As Technical Director you will be called upon to participate in sales efforts as needed to support the company’s objectives.
- Customer Intelligence: Record and update information about competition and customer buying habits, timelines and other intelligence in company’s CRM / ERP. Be able to prospect for new business opportunities and new customers by asking for referrals and other probing questions. Document all communication with prospects and customers utilizing the proper processes and tools, as trained by your manager.
- Collaboration: Effectively collaborate within your own division as well as with those across all PPS companies.
- Miscellaneous: Other duties as assigned.
- Experience: Minimum of 10-years of combined Technical Direction & Project Management working on Steam Turbine Generators.
- Education: BS in Mechanical Engineering or similar major preferred. Non-degreed candidates with work history performing in this role would be considered.
- Computer Skills: Proficient with Critical Path Method scheduling software (P-6 preferred). Utilize Microsoft Office suite and CRM / ERP systems.
- Travel & Access: Extensive and can be on short notice. US Passport and TWIC card preferred.
- Any combination of the above criteria will also be considered.
3 days ago
Power Plant Services
Schedule Information: 8:00am-4:30pm Monday - Friday Hours per Week: 37.5 Benefits: Health, Dental, Life & Disability Insurance;
Harper College - Hoffman estates - DisabledPerson
Job Description: At Pentair, you will work along-side passionate problem-solvers who are committed to the future and are focused on creating a healthier world for all. Throu
Pentair Management Company - Hanover park - DisabledPerson
Job Req 21-06371 Job Description Technical Recruiter Location Remote Now. Will be back onsite in September. You can be located in Portland, OR, Austin, TX, San Jose, CA or Hoffman Estates, IL Job Typ
Ascent Services Group - Hoffman estates, Il - Xpatjobs
Ref ID: 01310-0011835345 Classification: Technical Engineer Compensation: DOE Robert Half Technology is looking for a Sr. Linux Engineer to suppor
Robert Half - Itasca, Il - Xpatjobs