Coordinator, Real Estate Accounting
This position is responsible for the managing and tracking of all documents that are received and processed by the Real Estate Accounting department. This includes the management of the department email account. Documents must be recorded accurately in the lease accounting software to ensure proper handling. This position will also be responsible for the review and payment of Landlord billed tax reconciliations and utility invoices. The processing of these items will require attention to detail and accurate entry into the lease accounting software. Will be expected to correspond with Landlords and Property Managers via email, phone and/or letter and complete all address/payment changes. Currently there is more than 850 JOANN store locations with occupancy expenses (i.e. Rents, common area maintenance, real estate taxes, insurance and other lease obligations) of approximately $230M per year.
PRINCIPAL JOB DUTIES
- Manage and track all documents received in the Real Estate Accounting department. Every document received must be reviewed to determine the appropriate treatment. Accurately input document information into the lease accounting software to ensure proper tracking. Documents received that are not intended for Real Estate Accounting must be correctly distributed to the appropriate department. All documents received that are time sensitive (i.e. default notices, lawsuits) must be given priority and the appropriate parties need to be notified.
- Process and review all Landlord billed Real Estate Tax reconciliations. Audit reconciliation to ensure lease compliance. Accurately record amount due into the lease accounting software.
- Prepare new Landlord and Landlord change requests for review and approval. Correspond with Landlords and Property Managers via email, phone and/or letter to request additional support for invoices or Landlord change requests. Manage department email account and ensure timely response to all requests.
- Process and review all Landlord billed utility invoices. Accurately record the calculation of the amount payable into the lease accounting software.
- Prepare paid invoices for scanning into SAP and department filing. Send copies of utility invoices to our third-party payment provider for document retention.
- Assist with various management and departmental projects/tasks as needed (i.e. research of leases based on new accounting pronouncements, gathering information related to payments or specific general ledger accounts or running reports to facilitate the gathering of information).
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal; Attention to detail and concern for accuracy; Ability to prioritize multiple projects/tasks and work independently
- Preferred: Excel and Word, Real Estate/Lease Administration software experience, SAP
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
Minimum Education: High School or GED
Preferred Education: 2 Year / Associate Degree
Minimum Experience: 4 yrs. of professional office experience
Preferred Experience: Prior Real Estate or Paralegal experience
This position will be located at:
5555 Darrow Road Hudson, OH 44236
JOANN is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. This job summary is intended to be brief and does not list all duties for this position. Nothing in this job description should be construed as an express or implied contract of employment. JOANN is an at-will employer, which means that your employment may be terminated by JOANN or yourself with or without notice or cause unless the at-will arrangement is modified by a written agreement signed by both you and and authorized representative of JOANN.
2 days ago
SUMMARY This position is responsible for the managing and tracking of all documents that are received and processed by the Real Estate Accounting department. This includes the management of
Jo-Ann Fabrics - Cleveland, Oh - Lensa
Ref ID: 03300-0011834062 Classification: Property Accountant Compensation: DOE • Manage and track all documents received in the Real Estate Accoun
Robert Half - Hudson, Oh - Lensa
We have an excellent opportunity for a Real Estate Paralegal in our Cleveland office to work closely with a team of attorneys in the firm’s expanding Tax Credit & Economic Development Incentives a
BakerHostetler - Cleveland, Oh - Lensa
Job Description Real Estate Listing Agents not only list and manage housing sales, they also network and coordinate with buyers and sellers. Due to the personal nature of Real Estate Listing, a Real
Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices Stouffer Realty - Medina, Oh - Lensa