SOM Department of Biostatistics
Job Family Group:
Job Description Summary:
This individual will Design, Develop, Test and Deploy Software solutions for the Department of Biostatistics & Data Science and other Departments in KUMC. The position will be responsible for creating UI screens for upcoming and existing Applications. This position will be responsible for customizing third-part solutions based on users needs. This position ultimately reports to the chair of the Department of Biostatistics & Data Science; however, the Director of Research Information Technology supervises all day-to-day activities and sets the priorities for this position.
- Education: Bachelor's degree in computer science, mathematics, other technology-related discipline or equivalent relevant experience.
- Work Experience:
- Minimum of 2-year experience in academic or private health-related research environment.
- Proficient and strong working knowledge of PL/SQL, Visual Studio, JSP, and HTML
- Strong knowledge in Object Orientated Programming concepts.
- Experience with software integration and database development.
- Working Knowledge of Relational databases such as Oracle, SQL.
- Working knowledge of content management and web development services such as JBoss, Apache web server.
- Working knowledge of, operating systems such as Microsoft Windows and UNIX
- Ability to design User Interface for projects using Usability and UX fundamentals
- Planning, organizing, and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills with a collaborative mindset and willingness to recommend and execute improvements
- Experience in creating and conducting training in the utilization of computer and/or web-based systems
- Familiarity with HIPAA
- Education: Master's degree in computer science, mathematics or other technology -related discipline
- Experience with mobile app development for apple and android eco-systems
Job Duties Outlined:
- Design, develop, test, and deploy software solutions using latest technologies (like .Net, Angular, Java script and Type script).
- With other members of systems team, develop, manage and test backup and recovery plans; communicate regularly with technical, applications and operational staff to ensure database integrity and security. Work with Information Resources team to ensure that storage, archiving, backup and recovery procedures are functioning correctly.
- Develop store procs and views to retrieve data from multiple table sources.
- Adapt new technologies and be flexible to switch across multiple projects
- Design UI screens applying Usability and UX concepts for creating User-Friendly applications
- Update and maintain a system to remain compliant with federal and other regulatory guidelines as well as general system administration and oversight in cooperation with the IT Project Manager. Control access permissions and privileges and establish the needs of users and monitor user access and security.
- Customize third-party software solutions using Java Server Pages (jsp) technology and java script
- Develop mobile applications in apple and android eco-systems
- Participates in internal quality assurance efforts for rolling/upgrading software solutions.
- Proactively participate in the process to ensure that there is limited impact and great benefit from software upgrade and enhancements.
- Document any designed forms, reports, queries, templates and any other projects that are developed according to the SOPs. Proactively identify inefficient processes and make recommendations for increasing the efficiency and/or effectiveness of operations.
- Establish the need for new systems or updates to existing systems to support and enhance clinical research.
- Any other duties assigned by supervisor or Department Chair.
- Cover Letter
Pay Rate Type:
6 days ago
Kansas city, Mo
University of Kansas Medical Center
At HR Block we are modernizing our software architecture which is generating a need for more talent. We are looking for problem-solving difference-makers to help us with new approaches, challenges, an
Softpros, Inc. - Kansas city, Mo - Xpatjobs
Genesis10 is seeking a Software Engineer for a contract position with our client in Kansas City, MO. Work may be remote to start. Summary: With ov
Genesis10 - Kansas city, Mo - Lensa
Responsibilities Develop software and designs solutions to satisfy customer requirements that consider performance and availability Collaborate with product managers and principal software engineers t
Horizontal - Kansas city, Missouri - Fidanto US
TEKsystems is looking for a senior full stack java/ angular developer to join the team of our healthcare client. This role is 100% remote, 12 month contract. The ideal candidate will be strong working
TEKsystems - Kansas city, Mo - Xpatjobs