Data Visualization Design Engineer (PowerBI, Tableau)
Thank you for your interest in a career at Regions. At Regions, we believe associates deserve more than just a job. We believe in offering performance-driven individuals a place where they can build a career --- a place to expect more opportunities. If you are focused on results, dedicated to quality, strength and integrity, and possess the drive to succeed, then we are your employer of choice.
Regions is dedicated to taking appropriate steps to safeguard and protect private and personally identifiable information you submit. The information that you submit will be collected and reviewed by associates, consultants, and vendors of Regions in order to evaluate your qualifications and experience for job opportunities and will not be used for marketing purposes, sold, or shared outside of Regions unless required by law. Such information will be stored for a set period of time. You may review, modify, or update your information by visiting and logging into the careers section of the system.
At Regions, the Data Visualization Designer works with teams of data scientists, engineers, and analysts to translate data and insight into visual communications in order to solve business problems and enhance business processes.
* Partners with data scientists to help develop the best approach to communicating an analysis or model, then bring it all the way from design through development to production
* Creates infographics products, reports, dashboards, and advanced static visualizations for risk management and banking consumer products
* Determines effective formats for the customer and contribute to end-to-end conceptualization, development, and design of infographics, reports, dashboards, and advanced static visualizations delineated by customer requirements
* Prepares wireframe proof-of-concepts for customers based on initial requirements and in accordance with best practices, media policies, procedures, and branding guides
* Creates layouts, comps, and HTML/CSS prototypes, to communicate vision design and final design requirements to internal stakeholders and development teams
* Plans, organizes, and schedules additional customer engagement sessions to ensure accuracy of requirements
* Participates in user research, usability validation, and A/B testing
* Works closely with other team members including User Experience Architects, Business Owners, Product Managers, Content Strategists, and Development Teams to bring designs to life
* Educates team members and business users alike in the effective use and development of visual communication products and interfaces, and support the advancement of visual analytics literacy throughout Regions
* Engages with business stakeholders to understand business needs related to business analytics and reporting, and translate requirements into captivating designs and effective, sustainable applications towards using quantitative and analytical techniques to accelerate profitable growth and customer engagement - unlocking value across all functional areas of business
* Offers advice and guidance to junior designers, assisting in the development of necessary skills and the promotion of continuous improvement initiatives
This position is exempt from timekeeping requirements under the Fair Labor Standards Act and is not eligible for overtime pay.
* Bachelor's degree in a related field
* Six (6) years of demonstrated experience in graphic/information design, media communication, and human-computer interaction
* Experience in producing, developing, and presenting infographic products and advanced static visualizations for business intelligence products, including ability to analyze requests accurately and take effective action
* Experience with information visualization principles and techniques, modern typography, text formatting, basis cartographic, electronic data gathering, etc.
* Experience following brand standards and UX patterns
* Experience with and the utilization of design-thinking methodology
* Experience with applicable design tools (e.g. Adobe Creative Cloud, Adobe XD, Figma)
* Project management experience
* Banking and/or financial services experience
* Experience in Agile Software Development
* Familiarity with Visualization and/or BI tools (Tableau, Looker, QuickSight, Power BI, D3) with proficiency in at least one
* Proven portfolio of examples of relevant, finished digital work and their professional application (portfolios consisting of primarily advertising/student work will not be considered)
* Experience with user research relating to usability heuristics, UX methodologies, usability validation, and A/B testing, as well as applying usability research and UX design techniques to the development of customer-centered visual data products
Skills and Competencies
* Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
* Strong verbal, written communication, and organizational skills
* Strong work ethic and self-motivation
This position can be 100% remote.
This is a hands-on position at the intersection of data visualization technology and design: Based on strong skills and deep experience in data visualization and visual BI tools (PowerBI, Tableau, D3, ) , the candidate will be support and sometimes lead the development of best-in-class visual analytics and reporting solutions based on familiarity with good user-centered design practices.
Pay ranges are job specific and are provided as a point-of-market reference for compensation decisions. Other factors which directly impact pay for individual associates include: experience, skills, knowledge, contribution, job location and, most importantly, performance in the job role. As these factors vary by individuals, pay will also vary among individual associates within the same job.
The target information listed below is the 10th and 50th percent of the market range, based on the Birmingham, AL market and level of the position.
Target Range From: 92,940.00
Target Range To: 127,000.00
Regions Center - Birmingham
Bring Your Whole Self to Work
We have a passion for creating an inclusive environment that promotes and values diversity of race, color, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sex, pregnancy, and many other primary and secondary dimensions that make each of us unique as individuals and provide valuable perspective that makes us a better company and employer. More importantly, we recognize that creating a workplace where everyone, regardless of background, can do their best work is the right thing to do.
OFCCP Disclosure: Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans