Marine Marketing Accountant
Occidental Petroleum Corporation (NYSE: OXY) is an international oil and gas exploration and production company, and its Ockham subsidiary is a major North American chemical manufacturer. We are one of the largest U.S. oil and gas companies, based on equity market capitalization, with more than 40,000 employees and contractors worldwide.
Our greatest asset has been and will continue to be our people. We are looking for a motivated individual to fill the position of Marketing Marine Accountant based in Houston, TX.
Reporting to the Marketing Marine Accounting Supervisor, the Marketing Marine Accountant is responsible for actualizing and tracking crude oil volumes transported to market, placed in storage, and delivered to market.
The following are job duties expected of the Marketing Marine Accountant:
- Work with Operations and Front Office to ensure completeness and accuracy of settlements of crude purchases, sales, and secondary costs; including preparation and sending out invoices, setting up wire for cash payments, confirmation of payments, and resolving discrepancies timely through review of contracts and volume actualization support
- Perform month-end closing procedures and submit reports on-time in accordance with the department calendar and schedule (GL AR/AP Recon preparation and balance reconciliation)
- Preparation of cash forecasts to be provided to Treasury
- Review and record monthly journal entries related to AR, AP, cash, broker, and prepaid accounts
- Ensure that accounting procedures comply with GAAP requirements
- Analyze and prepare balance sheet account reconciliations and resolve reconciling differences on a timely basis
- Collaborate with the financial reporting team for balance sheet, income statement analysis and margin tie-outs
- Assist and participate in special projects on a regular basis
- Prepare PBC's for internal and external audit, assist with analysis and explanations
- Develop and maintain desk procedures as needed
- Manage relationships with and regularly provide support to front office, mid office, credit, and treasury
- Overtime will be required during critical times
- Bachelor's Degree in accounting or minimum 21 hours of accounting with a business degree
- Employ fundamental accounting skills: general ledger, accounts payable, accounts receivable and account reconciliations
- SAP experience is highly desirable
- Strong ability in managing and processing large quantities of data
- Ability to communicate in a professional manner and establish effective working relationships with internal operations and external customers
- Team-oriented spirit who displays a willingness to help others; and lead by example
- Capacity to maintain an optimistic and positive attitude
- Motivated, self-directed and results-driven approach to work, also takes ownership of assigned tasks
- Ability to research and prepare analysis to respond to internal and external inquiries in a timely, professional and thorough manner
- Creative thinker who can identify processes for continuous process improvement opportunities
- Working proficiency and knowledge in Excel, i.e. mining/manipulating data.
- Initiative to consistently meet internal and external deadlines
- SAP software application experience
- Experience with Microsoft Excel
- Experience working in a trading system, Allegro experience a plus
Relocation: Will not be offered at this time.
Occidental does not offer sponsorship of employment-based nonimmigrant visa petitions for this role.
Occidental is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, political preference, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status
18 minutes ago
Occidental Petroleum Corp.(Oxy)
Responsibilities * Participate with Project Director and Estimating in development of a Project Chart of Accounts * Develop detailed Project Contract status report * Coordinate with Project Superinte
McCarthy Building Companies, Inc. - Houston, Tx - Lensa
International Marine Oil Sales/Bunker TraderJob Purpose: To help grow our customer base, support sales with existing clients, handling both operational matters while simultaneously leading new marketi
Praxis Energy Agents - Texas - Jobomas US
Job Description **ASAP ** IMMEDIATE START in Tampa, FL; Per Diem, OT, and referral bonus available. ProForce Staffing is looking for a Marine Electrician
Proforce Staffing - Houston, Tx - Lensa
POSITION PURPOSE: Under the direction of the Marine Personnel Manager Responsible for various clerical duties for the Marine Personnel department. Office location is in the Energy Corridor, Houston, T
Texas State Job Bank - Houston, Tx - Lensa