Headquartered in Santa Barbara, California, Sientra is a diversified global medical aesthetics company and a leading partner to aesthetic physicians. The Company offers a suite of products designed to make a difference in patients' lives by enhancing their body image, growing their self-esteem, and restoring their confidence. Sientra has developed a broad portfolio of products with technologically differentiated characteristics, supported by independent laboratory testing and strong clinical trial outcomes.
Our leadership is driven by decades of experience and skill that help bring your goals and aesthetic visions to life. We believe that shared expertise and values are essential components of success. We are seeking exceptionally talented and motivated people to join our team. If you are looking for a career that is both challenging and rewarding, and to work for a company at the forefront of the aesthetic industry, please check out our available opportunities. We look forward to hearing from you!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The Collections Specialist is responsible for executing key accounts receivable functions within a fast paced, dynamic environment. The position requires a solid technical and systems background with the desire and enthusiasm to share knowledge and drive the adoption of best practices in the receivables accounting processes.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities
* Support of collection cycle, prompt account collections and bad debt write-off.
* Meet quarterly aging goals
* Verify validity of account discrepancies by obtaining and investigating information from internal business partners and customers
* Ability to interact with employees, clients and vendors at a variety of levels and across functions
* Analytical and business process oriented, with a keen skill for problem solving
* Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
* Protect organization's value by keeping information confidential
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
Requirements (Education, Certificates, Licenses, Registrations, etc.)
* BA in Accounting, Business Administration, or equivalent experience preferred; 2+ years of experience with collections /accounts receivable practices; or equivalent combination of education and experience
* Experience with ERP systems (Sage experience a plus), Salesforce, strong Excel skills
* Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
* Strong customer service skills and excellent time management skills
Ability to read, analyze and interpret technical procedures or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports or business correspondence.
Ability to use word processing, spreadsheet and database applications. Ability to learn various software programs.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of the job, the employee is regularly required to sit, talk and hear, lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, stand, walk, climb or balance in conditions that include stairs, uneven ground, walking between buildings, etc. Normal vision is required for this job (with corrective lenses if necessary). The work environment is somewhat quiet.
This description contains the essential functions necessary to evaluate the position. It is not intended and should not be used as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills or efforts.
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
If you would like to apply for this position, please email your resume to email@example.com.