Head of Exploration and Geology
Head of Exploration and Geology
CORE VALUES STATEMENT
Hudbay Minerals Inc. is a dynamic, fast growing, global mining company with a base of operations in Manitoba (Canada), Peru, Arizona, and Nevada. The Arizona Business Unit (ABU) is seeking a Head of Exploration and Geology. This professional will be responsible for leading the business unit's Exploration activities in both Arizona and Nevada and, reports to the Technical Director, Mining.
The position is currently located in central Tucson but may transition to the Rosemont site in the future, located approximately 30 minutes southeast of Tucson. During the course of regular business, the employee will be required to travel frequently to exploration targets in Arizona and Nevada and occasionally may be required to travel internationally to other business units and the Toronto Corporate office.
The Position is responsible for primarily planning and executing exploration programs within ABU with the objective to increase resources through both Brownfields and Greenfields projects.
- Respect, know and promote company regulations and policies to ensure the health and safety of employees and contractors.
- Lead large exploration/geology teams (10 to 20 people), including consultants and contractors, in multiple geographies to successfully complete drilling campaigns (geology exploration, geotechnical, hydrogeology) to increase the mineral resources and reserves of the Company.
- Participate in the development of medium and long-term production objectives.
- Compile geological information for the block models and coordinate the estimation of mineral resources and reserves.
- Manage hydrological information.
- Determine the objectives of the exploration department and prepare budgets accordingly.
- Manage operating costs and meet all deadlines.
- Solve problems and recommend measures to improve the productivity of the Exploration department.
- Produce and present control, monitoring, and progress reports.
- Manage staff, evaluate performance and employee development.
- Understand and use computer software and applications associated with geological assignments.
- Moderate travel (~20%, primarily Nevada) and field site work (~80% in field).
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION:
- Education: Bachelor in Geology, Geological Engineering, or related discipline from an accredited college or University or demonstrated equivalent
- 10 years experience in geology exploration and in open pit mining sector, including at least five years in a supervisory role, with a strong emphasis in exploration, mineral economics, and leadership.
- Previous experience as a Chief Mine Geologist, Exploration Manager, or otherwise managing a resource-extraction exploration team.
- Must have operating mine exploration experience or combination of operating mine, production geology and greenfields field exploration.
- Strong computer skills, including the following software: Minesight, Vulcan, AutoCAD, Datamine, Leapfrog, and MS Office.
- Strong interpersonal, coaching and team-building skills preferred.
- Master's Degree in Geology, Geological Engineering or closely related discipline from an accredited college or University.
- 15 years experience in geology exploration and in open pit mining sector, including at least five years in a supervisory role, with a strong emphasis in exploration, mineral economics, and leadership.
- Completed the training of mining modules (F.M.T.M.).
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employees may perform other related duties as needed to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Physical The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be required to walk off of established trails and roads including over rough, uneven and steep terrain. The employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to kneel, crouch, and sit; use hands to handle sampling equipment and tie sample bags; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities may be required for this position.
Work Environment The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment will be nearly exclusively outside and weather conditions such as hot or cold, windy, and very dry to wet conditions. Work will be conducted off established roads and trails on a variety of terrain.
Employee will be expected to drive a company vehicle, rental vehicle and/or his/her own vehicle in the course of performing the job, Employee must be able to perform the physical functions of operating a motor vehicle, including use of eyes, ears, arms, hands, legs, and feet. Employee must be able to prove that he/she has a current and valid driver's license.
Miscellaneous Hudbay is an Equal Opportunity employer that offers a variety of medical and wellness benefits, 401(k), growth potential, and the opportunity to join the company at an exciting phase of the project. Chosen candidates will be required to successfully pass a physical.
Interested and qualified candidates are encouraged to apply. Applications must be submitted online at under "Careers" and our "Job Postings" page (lower right hand corner), and select "United States Jobs".
2 days ago
Rosemont Copper Company
Head of Exploration and Geology <span style
Rosemont Copper Company - Tucson, Az - Lensa
Head Cheer Previous high school cheer coaching experience preferred. All head varsity coaches shall have a valid Arizona Teaching Certificate, Arizona Coaching Certificated, or have
Tanque Verde Unified School District - Tucson, Az - Lensa
This is a full time head coaching position, overseeing the women's soccer program at the University of Arizona. The prime function of the head coaching position is to direct the women's soccer program
University of Arizona - Tucson, Az - Lensa
TITLE: COACH CONTRACT TERMS: Duration of Season SALARY CLASSIFICATION: Addendum Schedule GENERAL STATEMENT OF RESPONSIBILITIES: To organize, coordinate and promote a com
Sahuarita Unified School District - Sahuarita, Az - Lensa