Engineer and Technical Marketing Writer
The Engineer and Technical Marketing Writer must be familiar with general lighting products on the market, applications, and electrical installation codes. Must have a wide range of knowledge on the various lighting types, specifically LED products and its components. The Engineer and Technical Marketing Writer will create technical specification sheets for the public and will keep a library of catalogs and other information for designers and architects to use. The Engineer and Technical Marketing Writer’s product is a building manual that can be easily interpreted by government agencies and easily used by contractors.
The successful candidate supports the overall product design team, working closely with senior leadership to create marketing plans, technical content, and concept level product designs and prototypes. An ideal candidate is articulate, passionate and creative.
Engineer and Technical Marketing Writer Qualifications
- Engineering Degree or other graduate degree – preferred.
- Or the equivalent work experience in the lighting construction industry.
- 3+ years progressive experience in engineering or Product Planning/Product Marketing/Product Management.
- Experience with UL, FCC standards and/or Certification process preferred.
- Familiar with lighting product types and building applications.
- Architectural lighting industry experience a plus.
- Fluent in English (verbal and written), with an excellent mastery of English grammar and syntax.
- Good articulation and professional communication.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills. The specification writer and editor will work with a diverse staff to include engineers, quality testers, purchasing agents, production leaders, and others who have unique personalities. The successful Specification Writer and Editor must be a good listener, patient, and empathetic.
- Strong Knowledge of LED Lighting and Controls.
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes including but not limited to Die Casting, Machined parts, Injection molding and extrusions.
- Proficiency in drafting software such as Solidworks 3D and/or knowledge of MS Office is a plus.
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to “think on your feet.”
- Exceptional attention to detail and multitasker.
- Positive and results-focused; must concentrate on meeting objectives and offer solutions to challenges.
- Must have a good organization method. The successful candidate is dealing with competing deadlines. A solid system of organizing schedules and prioritizing deadlines is essential.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manages product families in the Elite Lighting product line.
- Verifies that technical product information is accurate and current.
- Create, layout, and disseminate technical marketing material including, photometric charts, diagrams, installation guides, specification sheets, new product e-blasts, and other supporting materials (webinars, sales) as requested.
- Identify products to be redesigned, deleted, or added.
- Works with Marketing Department to generate presentation material.
- Work with marketing and sales teams to develop launch plans and customer communications strategies.
- Provides training and support to customer service and agents
- Works with Lab Technician towards achieving electrical/safety/performance approvals as needed
- Continually add and edit existing content on a multitude of media as changes in product design take place.
- Provide technical support to internal departments.
- Support sales and customer service team in technical concept, design, and production.
- Interpret client requirements, identify and address design parameters and engineering problems and ensure solutions are implemented accurately.
- Must edit and verify the accuracy of published specification sheets.
- Other duties as may be required
- Primary work takes place in temperature-controlled offices
Work Hours: Monday to Friday from 7:30 AM through 4:30 PM, later occasion.
About the Job
- Competitive starting salary.
- 6 annual paid holidays.
- 24 annual sick pay hours available after 90 days of continued employment.
- Competitively priced health, dental, vision, and life insurance.
- 401 K eligible after 90 days of continued employment.
- Sign-On Bonus
- Performance-based year-end bonus.
Interested candidates should send their resumes to Jessica at firstname.lastname@example.org or Bob Rashidi at email@example.com
Please go online for more information about the products we offer:
5 days ago
Los angeles, Ca
Elite Lighting Corp
Work SummaryThe Engineer and Technical Marketing Writer must be familiar with general lighting products on the market, applications, and electrical installation codes. Must have a wide range of knowle
Elite Lighting - Sherman oaks, Ca - Lensa
sr. technical product marketing manager los angeles, ca /marketing - product marketing /exempt full time exabeam helps security teams outsmart the odds by adding intelligence to their existing securit
exabeam - Los angeles, California - Fidanto US
Company Overview:Age of Learning is a leading education technology innovator based in Glendale, California, with a talented team of more than 600 individuals comprised of nationally-renowned educators
Age of Learning - Glendale, Ca - Experteer US
Please Note: If you are a current Spin Master employee with access to Workday, apply to this job via the Workday application.Are you a kid at heart looking to build a career with a leading global chil
Spin Master, Inc. - Los angeles, Ca - Lensa