Source: College Recruiter
Now Hiring Pipe Fitters!
APEX named 2019 Top Work Place;
APEX Piping Systems, Inc. is a leading Industrial, Commercial & Institutional Mechanical Contractor located in Newport DE, specializing in the Installation of Plumbing, HVAC, Sheet Metal Fabrication, Duct, Clean Rooms, Process Piping, Pipe Bending, Pipe, Pressure Vessel, Heat Exchanger and Modular Fabrication, Boilers and ASME Code Welding. At APEX we’re on a mission to provide excellent work for our clients and rewarding careers for our team through passion for our craft!
We are currently seeking experienced Pipe Fitters to join our team!
Add your fantastic personality, talent and skills to the mix and join the APEX family! We offer Great Pay, Great Benefits and you can experience the APEX difference working with great people, in a safe, professional, and engaging environment. If you value Safety, Quality and exceptional Customer Service, , possess a can do attitude and operate professionally, with integrity, respect and gratitude for others than APEX is the place for you!
Don’t wait any longer, make the switch and Join the APEX Team in providing premier mechanical construction services to Delaware, South Eastern PA, Cecil County and the central and eastern Maryland markets.
PTO & Paid Holidays are part of an awesome benefits package that also includes medical, dental, 401K and much more.
Please submit a resume or fill out an employment application on our web site www.apexpiping.com.
We are looking for an experienced Pipe fitter to join the APEX Team.
PIPE FITTER POSITION SUMMARY: Lays out, assemble, install, and maintain piping systems, pipe supports, and related equipment for steam, condensate, hot water, heating, cooling, lubricating, air, sprinkling, and industrial production and processing systems, applying knowledge of system operation, and following blueprints: Select type and size of pipe, and related materials and equipment, such as supports, and hangers, according to drawings and specifications.
PIPE FITTER ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- You are responsible for your safety!
- Work safely in accordance with the APEX Safety Management System and adhere to all Company rules and regulations.
- Immediately report any unsafe conditions, injuries, illness and near misses or acts to a supervisor.
- Review and understand JSA, permits, site conditions and job hazards prior to starting any work and check that the work to be performed is safe. If work appears unsafe, report to supervisor and do not proceed until conditions are safe.
- Review and understand the job and be physically and mentally fit to perform the job.
- Attend and actively participate in all safety meetings as required including daily toolbox meetings and skill training.
- Broad knowledge and experience working in industrial petro/chemical, commercial and institutional environments.
- Plan installation or repair to avoid obstructions and to avoid interfering with activities of other workers.
- Cut pipe, using saws, pipe cutter, cutting torch, and pipe cutting machines.
- Thread pipe, using pipe threading machine.
- Bend pipe & tubing using pipe bending tools and pipe bending machine.
- Assemble and install variety of metal and nonmetal pipes, tubes, and fittings, including iron, steel, copper, and plastic. Connect pipes, using threaded, welded, soldered, brazed, fused, or cemented joints.
- Secure pipes to structure with brackets, clamps, and hangers, using hand tools and power tools.
- Install and maintain hydraulic and pneumatic components of machines and equipment, such as pumps and cylinders, using hand tools.
- Install and maintain refrigeration and air-conditioning systems, including compressors, pumps, meters, pneumatic and hydraulic controls, and piping, using hand tools and power tools, and following specifications and blueprints.
- Install and use instruments such as lasers, grade rods, and transit levels.
- Increase pressure in pipe system and observe connected pressure gauge to test system for leaks.
- Weld pipe supports to structural steel members.
EDUCATION, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- High School Education or Equivalent.
- Certification(s) from Trade School in pipe fitting or ability to pass similar skills assessment testing
- At least five years experience pipefitting in petrochemical or industrial enterprises.
- Ability to work alone or in a team environment and to follow directions and or instructions.
- Good communication and problem solving skills
- Able to lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
- Able to exert physical force
- Able to talk and hear and use their hands and fingers, to handle or feel.
- Able to frequently to stand, walk, reach with arms and hands, climb or balance, and to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
- Must be able to work with and must use PPE such as personal fall protection, safety glasses, goggles, face shields, welding hoods, gloves, hard hats, steel tip shoes and respirators when required by the job or site.
This job requires work in Industrial, Commercial and Institutional environments including Petro-Chemical Plants, Refineries, Terminals, Power Houses, Mechanical Rooms, etc. While performing the responsibilities of the job, these work environment characteristics are representative but not all inclusive of the environment the job holder will encounter.
This job description is intended to convey information essential to understanding the scope of the job and the general nature and level of work performed by job holders within this job. But, this job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of qualifications, skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities or working conditions associated with the position.
Job Type: Full-time
2 days ago
Apex Mechanical & Fabrication
Now Hiring Pipe Fitters! APEX named 2019 Top Work Place; APEX Piping Systems, Inc. is a leading Industrial, Commercial & Institutional Mechanical Contractor located in Newpo
Apex Mechanical & Fabrication - Newport, De - College Recruiter
$1,000 sign-on bonus for qualified individuals Atlantic Constructors is seeking dynamic, motivated, career minded individuals to join our expanding team! Atlantic Constructors has been recognized as a
Atlantic Constructors, Inc. - Suffolk, Va - Lensa
Journeyman Pipefitters are assigned to rip out, repair, target, layout, fabricate, install and test marine piping systems onboard ships in various stages of repair and modernization. R
Venture Dynamics - Norfolk, Va - Xpatjobs
Job Description THIS PROJECT IS LOCATED IN WILLIAMSBURG, VA. THE RATE OF PAY IS $27-$29 AN HOUR. THERE IS NO PER DIEM ON THIS PROJECT. The Bell
The Bell Company. - Williamsburg, Va - Lensa