Sanitation Technician (Part-time/full time, Hourly)
About Us: Rebellyous Foods (RF) is an early-stage, plant-based food start-up. As a food production and manufacturing technology company, we are working to substantially increase the volume and lower the price of high-quality, plant-based meat products to effectively serve the foodservice and consumer retail markets. At Rebellyous, we not only produce plant-based meat, but also design new production equipment and novel production systems in order to meet growing demand.We work to replace animal-based meat on a large scale.
About the Role: Rebellyous Foods is seeking an experienced, conscientious, flexible, and detail-oriented Sanitation Technician who enjoys making a difference, being a part of a team, and takes pride in working in a fast-paced, constantly changing early-stage startup environment, and who can thrive working in an intensive food manufacturing workplace.
Shifts will start at 2:30pm or 3:00pm and be 6+ hours.
In this position, youll be responsible for completing the day-to-day sanitation of the production line and complete daily disassembly of machines for full sanitation. You will also be responsible for completing the facilitys weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual cleaning.
This role is crucial for Rebellyous continued growth and success; the Sanitation Technician is a key member of the manufacturing team and reports to the Director of Manufacturing and Logistics. As such we expect this Sanitation Technician to be detail oriented, possess a commitment to our mission and food safety, while demonstrating an outstanding work ethic. Exceptional collaboration, flexibility, hard work, and keen follow through are critical for employee success in a startup environment, and Rebellyous is no exception.
After hours and weekend availability may be necessary at this stage to manage and grow the company. Work schedule may include late evening or night shifts depending on business needs. This position is an extraordinary opportunity to get in on the ground floor with a quickly expanding, ambitious, mission-focused start-up that is poised for explosive growth.
Salary: $18-22/hr. Company offers a vacation package, sick leave, prorated holiday pay and frequent salary reviews.The company does not currently offer health insurance.
Location: West Seattle production facility.
Key responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Under supervision, disassemble and reassemble complex manufacturingequipment using the correct tools and following proper procedures to prevent equipment damage and to ensure the equipment is cleaned properly.
- Ensure Batch Records Logs and Sanitation Logs are completed in a timely and accurate fashion.
- Support proper setup of equipment for production in a timely fashion to meet production deadlines.
- Complete daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual sanitization of the production, warehouse and common areas floors, racks, bins and drains.
- Adhere to sanitation policies and protocols and inspect the manufacturing process to determine sanitation protocols effectiveness.
- Keep the work area clean.
- Perform cleaning of areas assigned.
- Remove all trash, recycling and debris from the production floor, common areas as well as dock areas.
- Provide support in cleaning of equipment and facility.
- Conduct daily sanitation, and post-operational inspection, in coordination with the QA department, and report irregularities.
- Prevent cross contamination of product, work-in-progress, food contact surfaces and food contact packaging during sanitation procedures.
- Maintain all sanitation related equipment, including, but not limited to, brushes, scrubbers, squeegees, other cleaning equipment and a variety of tools.
- Provide suggestions to improve processes, procedures and department fucntions in support of company goals.
- Maintain a positive and constructive work environment within the department as well as with other departments that promotes teamwork.
- Ability and willingness to operate, clean, and assemble a wide variety of complex manufacturing equipment to ensure safe and efficient operation.
- Ability to diligently follow GMP including washing and sanitizing hands and gloves, wearing of proper equipment, and practicing good hygiene.
- Adhere to HACCP guidelines, SQF policies and Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) as well as all sanitation processes, procedures, and guidelines, referencing Rebellyous SOPs when applicable.
- May frequently be required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk and hear.
- Experience in food production or food manufacturing and/or professional sanitation is highly preferred.
- Ability to take direction and diligently follow through on assigned tasks.
- Ability to take initiative and flag any safety or quality concerns to the supervisor.
- Ability to work with cleaning chemicals while wearing PPEs for extended periods of time.
- Ability to work in wet, hot, and damp environments for long periods of time.
- Flexibility is a must as day-to-day operations may pivot due to production, or product and equipment testing needs.
- Attention to detail and a commitment to excellence.
- Commitment to food and facility safety.
- Comfortable handling and preparing food with a willingness to learn and follow all procedures and protocols.
- Ability to work in an ever-evolving environment with frequent changes to processes and equipment.
- Have or be willing to obtain a King County Food Worker Card.
- Able to lift, bend, squat, and carry up to 40 pounds.
- A passion to make the plant-based meat industry succeed.
- Ability to work with your hands extensively and stand on your feet for 8 hours.
- Ability to complete physical labor such as packaging and cleaning.
Non-Discrimination and Anti-Harassment Policy: At Rebellyous Foods, we aim to attract the most qualified and creative problem-solvers to the mission of providing sustainable, affordable meat alternatives. In achieving that goal, Rebellyous Foods does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of our operations. Women, minorities, people of color, and those with non-traditional educational and experiential backgrounds are encouraged to apply. Further, we are committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all members of our staff, subcontractors, vendors, and clients. Discrimination or harassment in any form or based on any of the above factors is prohibited, as is retaliation against a person who has made a complaint or given information regarding possible violations of our policy.
1 days ago
Sanitation Technician (Part-time/full time, Hourly) About Us: Rebellyous Foods (RF) is an early-stage, plant-based food start-up. As a food production and ma
Rebellyous Foods - Seattle, Wa - Lensa
Job Description Position: Sanitation Technician Job Details: 1. Completes assigned sanitation needs using the Master Sanitation Scheduler, wh
Express Employment Professionals - Woodinville, Wa - ZipRecruiter Priority
Perform general cleaning and sanitation tasks as assignedWork with standard cleaning and sanitation chemicalsDusting, Sweeping, scrubbing and mopping, and sanitize warehouse and production floorsWash
SmartTalent - Bellevue, Washington - Xpatjobs
Sanitation Techs at King & Prince Seadfood are responsible for cleaning and sanitizing processing and packaging equipment with strict adherence to safe and efficient procedures at the King & Princ
King & Prince Seafood - Redmond, Wa - Lensa