Business Rules Analyst I - (Remote)
Purpose of Job
We are seeking a Business Rules Analyst I to join our Business and Applications Support team. This role will be working in a 100%%%% Remote Work Environment.
Participates in gathering and analyzing of internal business requirements by means of interviews, workflow analyses and facilitated discussions with users. Translates users" business requirements into detailed functional designs for development, testing and implementation. Applies methodologies, prepares detailed specifications and related documentation.
USAA knows what it means to serve. We facilitate the financial security of millions of U.S. military members and their families. This singular mission requires a dedication to innovative thinking at every level.
USAA Careers - World Class Benefits (31 seconds)
- Identifies and manages existing and emerging risks that stem from business activities and the job role.
- Ensures risks associated with business activities are effectively identified, measured, monitored, and controlled.
- Follows written risk and compliance policies and procedures for business activities.
- Serves as a subject matter expert and gathers requirements, researches, and analyzes system details, parameters, or options to implement business rules, product offerings or changes to existing systems/applications.
- Translates business needs into system requirements, parameter options or enhancements, working with internal and external resources.
- Performs comprehensive feasibility, enterprise impact and cost/benefit analysis.
- Executes complex recurring, scheduled, or ad-hoc system changes.
- Develops and administers change control processes and procedures ensuring compliance with guidelines and best practices.
- Reviews post implementation documentation for lessons learned and recommends changes.
- Develops and maintains knowledge of LOB, CoSA, and Enterprise systems, processes, procedures, products, and industry practices.
- Reviews applicable system updates and makes recommendations to align with technology, business direction, or best practice.
- Develops and executes testing, implementation, and communication plans for new or modified system parameters, options, product details, or system outputs.
- Partners in analyzing and resolving system outages or production issues.
- Develops and reviews operating procedures and documentation and ensures processes and procedures meet audit guidelines.
- Analyzes and reports discrepancies to management with recommendations for resolution.
- Conducts special projects.
- Prioritizes business rules initiatives and reports status.
- Summarizes insights from analysis and use findings to develop business rules.
When you apply for this position, you will be required to answer some initial questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin the questions you will not be able to finish them at a later time and you will not be able to change your responses.
- Bachelor"s Degree OR 4 additional years of related experience beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
- 4 years of experience consulting with customers/stakeholders, understanding business needs, and translating needs into requirements and prescribing technology solutions OR Advanced degree in Information Management, Information Studies or related field with 2 years of experience consulting with customers/stakeholders, understanding business needs, and translating needs into requirements and prescribing technology solutions.
- Demonstrated experience in cost benefit analysis methodologies and tools.
- Developing level of experience applying business rules in technology solutions and strategies.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, interpersonal skills, and attention to detail.
- Developing knowledge of relevant regulatory compliance, industry regulations, risk management practices, and regulatory data sources.
- Experience as business analyst OR rules analyst
- Familiarity with P&C Insurance in one or more of the following lines of business: Auto, Homeowners, Renters, Rental Property Insurance, Valuable Personal Property and Umbrella
- Working experience in any of these areas: Underwriting, Fulfillment, Distribution & Insurance Services, Product Management
- Working experience in a medium or large project - building deliverables, adhering to project timelines, participating in business solutioning
- Familiarity with Project Management roles & responsibilities
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
USAA has an effective process for assessing market data and establishing ranges to ensure we remain competitive. You are paid within the salary range based on your experience and market position. The salary range for this position is: $60,300 - $108,600*( this does not include geographic differential it may be applied based on your work location)
Employees may be eligible for pay incentives based on overall corporate and individual performance or at the discretion of the USAA Board of Directors.
- Geographical Differential: Geographic pay differential is additional pay provided to eligible employees working in locations where market pay levels are above the national average.
Shift premium: will be addressed on an individual-basis for applicable roles that are consistently scheduled for non-core hours.
At USAA our employees enjoy best-in-class benefits to support their physical, financial, and emotional wellness. These benefits include comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, 401(k), pension, life insurance, parental benefits, adoption assistance, paid time off program with paid holidays plus 16 paid volunteer hours, and various wellness programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education assists employees with their professional goals.
Please click on the link below for more details.
USAA Total Rewards
Relocation assistance is NOT available for this position.About USAA
25 minutes ago
Purpose of Job We are seeking a Business Rules Analyst I to join our Business and Applications Support team. This role will be working in a 100% Remote Work Environment. Participates in gatheri
USAA - Castroville, Tx - Lensa
Purpose of Job We are seeking a Business Rules Analyst I to join our Business and Applications Support team. This role will be working in a 100% Remote Work Environment. Participate
USAA - San antonio, Texas - jooble
Purpose of Job We are seeking a Business Rules Analyst I to join our Business and Applications Support team. This role will be working in a 100% Remote Work Environment. Participates in
USAA - San antonio, Tx - Lensa
Purpose of JobWe are currently seeking a talented Director, Business Rules for the San Antonio Home Office II/III.USAA values a culture that is highly collaborative, and we have found that a hybrid wo
USAA - United Services Automobile Association - San antonio, Tx - Experteer US