TransCore (TRN), a subsidiary of Roper Technologies, Inc. (NYSE:ROP) is seeking a full-time Systems Administrator II and III to join our team in Houston, Texas.
Job Description:The Systems Administrator II and III positions provides day-to-day technical support for existing customer installations as well as new deployments of proprietary multi-server tolling applications. Responsible for working both independently and in coordination with the help desk to resolve issues in a timely manner. Communicates highly technical information to both technical and nontechnical personnel.
Essential Duties and Responsibilitiesinclude the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Responds to requests via the helpdesk in the most expedient manner possible.
- Provides troubleshooting and repair for moderate network solutions.
- Quickly identifies and repairs common problems
- Evaluates interface between users, hardware and software, and operational and performance requirements of overall desktop system.
- Maintains servers, user accounts.
- Daily system maintenance review, such as systems log, antivirus server logs, etc.
- Provides monitoring and reports of the operational status of LAN/WAN environment as needed.
- Interacts with vendors.
- Installs and configures Server hardware.
- Recommends the acquisition or new hardware and/or software as needed.
Education:Associates degree from a two-year college or technical school or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
Required Skills & Experience:
- 2+ years of Systems Administrator experience
- Must be able to work well in a stressful situation such as an entire system malfunction.
- Experience implementing and administrating failover clusters
- Experience implementing Hyper-V Virtual machines on a failover cluster
- Knowledge of Networking (understanding LAN/WAN, Cisco products)
- Experience troubleshooting Windows Server (2008 or higher)
- File Transfer Protocol server experience
- VPN knowledge
- Microsoft SQL database understanding
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
NOTE: Required Must Have Skills: Hyper-V w/failover cluster and Dell Storage
- HP/Dell server experience
- Extensive working knowledge of computer operating systems
- Experience troubleshooting Active Directory
- VMware Experience
- WSUS Experience
- Foglight experience
- System Center experience
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractors legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
7 days ago
DescriptionTake your career to new heights. Come join us at MORI Associates and help us support the most exciting projects at NASA. As a Systems Administrator you will be part of a dedicated team of d
MORI Associates - Houston, Tx - Experteer US
Position DescriptionThe Operations IT/Systems Analyst position includes the following responsibilities:Ensure all areas of the operations are supported with proper computer systems & provide setup, ma
Daxwell - Houston, Tx - Lensa
Job: SC19135 SYSTEMS ADMINISTRATOR Location: Houston Type: Permanent ResponsibilitiesManages and supervises administration of Windows servers that are used for file and print sharing, e-ma
3coast - Houston, Tx - Experteer US
Description: Design, install, configure, maintain and support Local Area Network (LAN), Wide Area Network (WAN), Internet Systems and Network System. Configure, Manage, maintain and adm
Grenza - Houston, Tx - Lensa