This Manufacturing Engineering position will entail development, maintenance, and troubleshooting the following:Drawings, Bills of Material, Routings, Rates, Standard Work, and Work Instructions.The job will provide technical support to Manufacturing, Systems, and Customer Care, to aid in providing a quality furniture product to our customers, in a Lean Manufacturing environment.The job will also include engineering of product and process improvements, as well as engineering product modifications to meet customer needs.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible to work safely, maintain an orderly and safe work environment, and participate in safety initiatives.
- Develop manufacturing processes in support of new product launches.
- Create cell layouts, which support one-piece flow, optimal operator balance, and minimization of waste.
- Responsible for the conception, development and perfection of workstations, jigs and fixtures used to efficiently produce the components and assemblies for new products.
- Fabricate precision parts and fixtures using metalworking and wood working machines and equipment.
- Provide training and instructions to production employees in support of new products, processes and procedures.
- Analyze processes for effectiveness, and flow, and seek root cause to eliminate process variation, and improve cycle times.
- Develop and maintain bills of materials and routing information.
- Create and maintain clear, concise, consistent process documentation and SOPs.
- Provide technical support to Manufacturing and Customer Care for product and process questions.
- Troubleshoot production issues in regards to quality, product, and process.
- Responsible to work with suppliers to resolve quality issues with purchased components.
- Create and maintain accurate drawings, utilizing SolidWorks and a PDM system.
- Research, author, and implement Engineering Changes.
- Specify, quote, and facilitate product modification requests, and provide necessary documentation and training for production.
- Responsible for actively contributing to the continuous improvement of products and processes, by reducing waste, reducing material costs, and investigating new methods and materials.
- Lead and/or contribute to LEAN initiatives.
- Lead and/or assist with other manufacturing engineering tasks, as assigned
Experience and Knowledge Required:
- Bachelors degree in Engineering or related field -OR- minimum of three years of engineering experience.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously; accountability for meeting commitments and deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal); ability to interact, influence, and communicate with a diverse range of people at all levels across the company as well as with external suppliers.
- Proficiency with MS Office, including Publisher, Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- Experience with CAD SolidWorks preferred
- Experience with a business ERP system is preferred
- Demonstrated success in root-cause analysis, critical-thinking, and A3 Problem-Solving
- Experience or education in Lean manufacturing principles
- Able to demonstrate good writing skills, photo editing skills, and ability to write clear work instructions.
- Experience developing Bills of Materials and routings
- Experience in furniture manufacturing and/or knowledge of woodworking, upholstery, or fabric processes would be beneficial.
Key Attributes Required:
- Safety conscious with a concern for others safety
- Intelligent and fast learner, with a desire for continuous learning and self-improvement.
- Self-starting, results-oriented individual who takes personal accountability for performance.
- Strong time and priority management skills coupled with the ability to use a logical and systematic approach to meet objectives.
- Willing and able to work collaboratively in a team environment, supporting others at all levels of the organization.
- Strong leadership and facilitation skills that effectively engage others.
- Exceptional attention to details, and sound problem solving skills.
- A desire to serve, both internal and external customers.
Must be able to operate in a manner consistent with the mission statement and governing values of the organization.
3 days ago
New haven, In
Sauder Manufacturing Co.
BE LOYAL! BE REWARDED! ARE YOU READY TO BE PART OF AN EXCITING TEAM?!? CONTINUE TO CONTRIBUTE EXCELLENT PERFORMANCE TO YOUR TEAM; YOU COULD BE ELIGIBLE FOR A RETENTION BONUS! UP TO $1,200! ASK YOUR MA
LKQ - Huntington, In - Lensa
Job Description BE LOYAL! BE REWARDED! ARE YOU READY TO BE PART OF AN EXCITING TEAM?!? CONTINUE TO CONTRIBUTE EXCELLENT PERFORMANCE TO YOUR TEAM; YOU COULD BE ELIGIBLE FOR A RE
LKQ - Huntington, In - ZipRecruiter Test
Manufacturing/Quality Engineering Internship Schneider Electric's Global Supply Chain team has an outstanding opportunity for a motivated individual to assume the role of a Manufacturing/Quality Engin
Schneider Electric USA, Inc - Huntington, In - Lensa
2021 Entry Level - Manufacturing Engineer 292379 Kautex, a subsidiary of Textron Inc., is rated among the Top 100 Automotive Suppliers wor
Kautex - Avilla, In - Lensa