Utility Person 1st Class
Owens Corning, global in scope - human in scale. We're an international company, with solid roots in Memphis, and we have opportunities for a dynamic person to join our local team.
What we bring to the table:
Competitive compensation, quarterly bonus plan, and a substantial benefits package including insurance (medical/dental/vision/life/disability/supplemental offerings), 401k (company contribution regardless of employee participation - plus match), liberal paid time off (vacation, personal floating and standard holidays), Employee Assistance Services, Stock Purchase Program - and more.
What your day in this role might involve at OC-Memphis:
The Asphalt Utility Material Handler is responsible for ensuring safe material transfer and tanker, railcar, barge unloading to deliver high quality product to our customers. Asphalt Material Handler is a key contributor to the continuous improvements of critical plant performance metrics in the areas of safety, quality and productivity. The Asphalt Utility Material Handler is responsible for communicating critical information concerning environmental compliance, homeland security, and operational issues to the designated associate. This role is essential to the successful operations of the Memphis Asphalt Plant. Asphalt Utility Material Handler is an hourly position reporting to the Operations Lead. Here's a brief outline of this role
* Participates in safety training and practice, quality, autonomous maintenance, TPM and other related plant programs.
* Certifies and operates in all the following areas: Flatbed/Tanker Truck/Railcar/Barge Unloading/Loading, Barge Watch (PIC), Quality Control Procedures.
* Perform the administrative tracking tasks of data entry, BOL processing, production entry, receiving, and general organization.
* Becomes certified to operate all applicable Powered Industrial Equipment (PIE).
* Must be capable and willing to assistant Operations with his/her duties as necessary to meet the customer expectations.
* Meet team expectations such as reliability, teamwork, and process improvement.
* Understands storm water and wastewater controls and follow instructions for upset conditions.
* Strictly adheres to environmental regulations and recycling procedures for waste/recycling disposal and looks for innovative ways to reduce overall environmental impact.
* Maintains good housekeeping at workstations before, during and at the end of each shift.
* Performs work on the rail line according to plant written procedures (work includes, but not limited to: hooks up cars, opens, closes and takes temperature of cars, verifies cars are being emptied into correct tanks and keeps proper communication of process with teammates).
* Communicates at shift change key information to the incoming operators.
What makes a successful OC-Memphis team member:
Must haves include
* High School Diploma required.
* Some manufacturing experience is helpful
* Must be able to learn the responsibilities of this position
There are some essential physical requirements specific to our work environment, including being able to:
* Stand for 8 - 10 hours straight
* Climb and descend stairs/ladder as needed for the role
* Do repetitive movements (hand, arm, leg; bending and twisting at the waist; bending at the knee; squatting; lift, push and pull 40-pounds)
* Withstand exposure to temperature extremes; sounds or noise levels that may be uncomfortable
About Owens Corning
Owens Corning is a global building and industrial materials leader. The company's three integrated businesses are dedicated to the manufacture and advancement of a broad range of insulation, roofing and fiberglass composite materials. Leveraging the talents of 19,000 employees in 33 countries, Owens Corning provides innovative products and sustainable solutions that address energy efficiency, product safety, renewable energy, durable infrastructure, and labor productivity. These solutions provide a material difference to the company's customers and make the world a better place. Based in Toledo, Ohio, USA, the company posted 2020 sales of $7.1 billion. Founded in 1938, it has been a Fortune 500 company for 66 consecutive years. For more information, please visit www.owenscorning.com.
Owens Corning is an equal opportunity employer.
Please note: Applications must be filled out completely-incomplete applications will not be considered. Resumes are welcome, but are not a substitute for completing the application.
1 days ago
Owens Corning Headquarters
BE PART OF OUR DIFFERENCE Owens Corning, global in scope - human in scale. We're an international company, with solid roots in Memphis, and we have opportunities for a dynamic person to join ou
Owens Corning Headquarters - Memphis, Tn - Lensa
Location Address: 112 E Jefferson Avenue, West Memphis, Arkansas 72301 Work Shift: 8hr-1st Shift (United States of America) Altium Packaging, Our Culture Differentiates Us!
Consolidated Container Company LLC - West memphis, Ar - Lensa
The Utility Worker is responsible for proper packaging of materials and finished products. This position will also load and move material and operate packaging equipment. The Utility Worker will also
Altium Packaging, LLC - West memphis, Ar - Lensa
:Are you looking to have fun while making a difference in someone's life?:Who We Are:At Americare we make a difference in the everyday lives of others and we are proud of the work we do. We have creat
Schilling Gardens Assisted Living - Collierville, Tn - Lensa