Candidates within the local commuting area of Atlanta, Georgia are preferred. Local commuting is two (2) hours from the city center.
We are Abacus CPA, LLC a growing CPA firm whose sales our taking off, and were in search of a new accounting team member, a new senior accountant. This team member has the right combination of initiative, organizational skills, and accounting know-how to help us to continue to grow. This position will help lead our accounting team, directing both internal and external functions.
Senior Accountants prepare accurate and timely financial statements and documents. They are responsible for performing balance sheet, revenue, expense, and payroll account reconciliations, as well as executing accounts payable and accounts receivable processes. Senior Accountants provide leadership for Junior Accountants by teaching them how to complete complex financial operations. Senior Accountants analyze financial statements for discrepancies.
- Prepare accurate, timely financial statements in accordance with accounting deliverables.
- Conduct monthly and quarterly account reconciliations to ensure accurate reporting and ledger maintenance.
- Analyze financial statements for discrepancies and other issues that should be brought to the managements attention.
- Review all transactions and generate invoices and manage check runs, as necessary.
- Reconcile balance sheet accounts.
- Delegate financial responsibilities to accounting team.
- Coordinate semi-annual audits and assist management with conducting audits.
- Conduct regular ledger maintenance.
- Assist with other accounting projects in the office.
- Mentor & coach junior accounting staff.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Minimum Education, Experience and Licensing Requirements:
- Bachelors or masters degree in tax, accounting, or finance.
- CPA candidate is required, CPA preferred.
- Minimum 5-10 years experience in accounting/finance is required.
- Experience with financial reporting requirements.
- Experience in working with multiple legal entities under different legal umbrellas.
- Experience with managing multiple clients is required.
- Experience with data entry and Client Relationship Management Systems.
- Experience with querying, interpreting, and presenting simple to complex reports.
- Strong knowledge of MS Office, accounting software and advanced knowledge of Excel.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Ability to function well in a team-oriented environment.
- Knowledge of commercial real estate, non-profit and or government accounting is a plus.
- Knowledgeable of SFAS Rules
- Strong & Professional verbal and written communication, customer service and administrative skills required.
- Highly detail-oriented and organized.
- Proven ability to work both independently and collaboratively with different levels of employees.
- Superior analytical and problem-solvingskills.
- Ability to meet a constant stream of deadlines.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality as required and at all levels.
Benefits and Perks:
- Competitive compensation package.
- Company Paid Time Off & Holidays.
- Medical & Dental coverage.
- Remote work options.
- Mentoring and Coaching Under a 20+ year CPA Leader.
- Great experience for new CPAs seeking hours requirement.
- Support and financial assistance for CPA candidates (*on a case-by-case basis).
6 days ago
Abacus Cpa Llc
The Intersect Group is actively seeking a Senior Accountant on behalf of one of our clients in Buckhead Atlanta. This is an exciting opportunity to join a dynamic and growing compa
The Intersect Group - Atlanta, Ga - Lensa
The Team We are seeking a Senior Accountant to join American Towers Technical Transaction Group (TTG). TTG is responsible for performing, analyzing, and reporting on complex transacti
American Tower - Atlanta, Ga - Xpatjobs
The Intersect Group is actively looking for a strong Senior Accountant for one of our growing, international clients in Sandy Springs, Georgia. The Senior Accountant will play a crucial role in analyz
The Intersect Group - Sandy springs, Ga - WhatJobs Premium
The Intersect Group is recruiting for a Senior Accountant on behalf of a private, rapidly growing, and well-established organization in Atlanta to join their sharp, stable, and gro
The Intersect Group - Atlanta, Ga - Lensa