Maintenance Technician (Mechanical)
At AW North Carolina (AWNC), the phrase "Quality People, Quality Products" isn't just a slogan. Our commitment to quality extends not only to our products, but also to our team members, the community and the environment.
AWNC is a $1.1billion Tier 1 automotive manufacturer of automatic transmissions and components for Toyota Motor Company. AWNC's corporate office and primary manufacturing facility (1 million sq. ft.) is located in Durham, NC, and home to more than 2000 Team Members dedicated to quality supremacy. At AWNC, we are proud of what we do because we are proud of our products, our team members, our customers, and our community.
Quality is an important component to our success. Currently, we are seeking a Mechanical Maintenance Technician. The job is outlined below
Maintain the condition of the manufacturing equipment. Repair and/or replacement failed components, read and interpret programmable logic controllers and circuit analysis, and perform preventative maintenance measures when applicable. Troubleshoot unknown problems with the equipment and develop short and/or longer term repairs that are geared towards improving quality as well as efficiency.
- Troubleshoot to determine malfunctions on equipment using knowledge of programmable controllers and circuit analysis.
- Record maintenance repair activities in a computer based maintenance management system
- Work with PLCs, CNCs, and Multi-Access Robots on a daily basis
- Analyze, troubleshoot, modify, and/or maintain PLC Programs on the existing robots as necessary.
- Use basic test equipment such as multi-meters, hydraulic, pneumatic, and mechanical drive systems.
- Coordinate troubleshooting efforts to determine temporary or permanent methods of repair, along with keeping track of downtime and reporting information.
- Repair and maintain plant machinery and equipment such as lathes, mills, welding and brazing equipment, presses, and automated assembly lines.
- Possess a fundamental understanding of electrical, hydraulics, and pneumatic schematics, as well as mechanical drawings in order to solve problems in a timely manner.
- Strive to reduce downtime by working efficiently and performing countermeasures aimed at root cause analysis
- All employees must possess a commitment to safety and quality. Strong interpersonal, problem solving and effective communication skills are also required with a desire and ability to work and communicate as a team
- Associates Degree, or equivalent experience required
- Experience performing maintenance on industrial machinery in a manufacturing environment
- Ability to work safely and efficiently in a fast-paced team oriented environment
- A technical diploma in Industrial Maintenance or related field
- Experience working with PLCs, CNCs, and Multi-Access Robots
- Knowledge of Siemens, Allen Bradley, and Mitsubishi products
- Minimum of 1 year of experience in a production maintenance environment, preferably in the automotive industry
- Have the ability to read and interrupt blue prints, schematic, and ladder logic
Additional Work Factors:
- Environment: Manufacturing/ Production Floor
- Estimated Amount of Overtime (hrs/wk): 5-10 hrs/wk
- Estimated Number of weekends required to work: Every Other Weekend
- Amount of travel Required: None
- Frequent bending and stooping
- Frequent lifting/ carrying (10-50lbs.)
- Frequent handling/ gripping (parts, tools, etc.)
- Salary: $18.00/hr - $34.00/hr
- $1.00 shift differential for B and C shift
- Base Salary * for all overtime hours
Team Member Benefits
AWNC offers a highly competitive benefit package that includes: Major Medical Insurance Options, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Life Insurance, Short/Long Term Disability, Flexible Spending Plan, Matching 401k Plan, Paid Holidays/Vacation.
6 days ago
AW North Carolina Inc.
At AW North Carolina (AWNC), the phrase "Quality People, Quality Products" isn't just a slogan. Our commitment to quality extends not only to our products, but also to our team members, the communi
AW North Carolina Inc - Durham, Nc - Lensa
At AW North Carolina (AWNC), the phrase "Quality People, Quality Products" isn't just a slogan. Our commitment to quality extends not only to our products, but also to our team members, the commun
AW North Carolina Inc. - Durham, North carolina - jooble
Job Description We are searching for maintenance mechanics with injection mold, thermoforming, blow molding, plastics experience. This is a full production atmosphere with a lot of machin
TEC West - Mebane, North carolina - beBee S
Primary Duties & Responsibilities Perform routine Preventative Maintenance tasks on the equipment within the manufacturing area Use of the Maximo (CMMS) to track all maintenance activities a
Baltic Recruitment Services Ltd - Durham, County durham - HiredDirect