AWS Cloud Database Architect
As a Sr. Cloud Database Architect you will be responsible for the successful architecting and migrating traditional on premise databases (like Oracle and MSSQL) to Amazon as either container-based lift and shift effort or modernization of the databases to Amazon RDS or Amazon Aurora (including PostgreSQL). In addition, you will work with clients and the TekStream AWS team to develop database centric solutions in AWS for specific workloads and applications.
As part of the lead AWS team you will also be responsible for helping the multiple TekStream clients in their AWS implementations from architecting infrastructure of cloud-based database applications based on AWS best practices.You will also be assisting the team with testing and deploying solutions for production.
The key responsibilities may involve some or all of the areas listed below:
- Provide technical leadership for cloud-based database architecture and platform decisions
- Perform Database Migration assessments utilizing Amazon Schema Conversion Tool
- Perform Database Migrations and modernizations using Amazon Schema Conversion Tool, Database Migration Services, and configuring/managing Change Data Capture on Database Migration Services
- Assess and qualify database migrations from Oracle, MSSQL Server and/or PostgreSQL (On-premise and/or Cloud) to AWS RDS and Aurora.
- Provide best practices and tuning configurations for database solutions in the Cloud (MySQL and PostgreSQL)
- Provide DBA guidance and coordination with DBA team in the configuration and management of managed DB solutions for TekStream customers.
- Developing templates or scripts to automate everyday developer or operations functionseither by using Cloud Formation or Terraform
- Provide architecture and guidance for monitoring and maintain multiple AWS environments based on client requirements
- Participate in the pre-sales process for new customer projects
- Extend and enhance the business Data Warehouse or Data Lake
- 7yrs+ of Database Management and Migration experience with at least 4 years+ of AWS experience.
- 5+ years of experience in Oracle or Microsoft SQL Server
- Proficient in both Relational and NoSQL databases
- Proficient in MYSQL and PostgreSQL
- Expertise in architecting commercial-scale Cloud-based database applications leveraging IaaS, PaaS or SaaS infrastructure in AWS
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code tools like Terraform/Cloud Formation
- Experience with C-Level/Director level customers in IT/Business to craft their Enterprise Architecture and IT Strategies
- Ability to lead client specific strategic engagements involving customer/partner teams
- Experience with Cloud Watch; setting up alarms and dashboards
- Experience with IP networking, VPNs, DNS, load balancing and firewalling concepts, with a specific focus on AWS networking and Database deployments
- Familiarity with current data warehousing concepts (using technologies like Redshift, Spark, Hadoop, web services, etc. to support business-driven decisioning)
- Experience with functional requirements, detailed technical specifications, and test cases for new or modified projects
- Experience with AWS migration tools (DMS/SCT)
- Experience with vendor DB migration solutions (i.e. Golden Gate)
- Knowledge of data centric clustering solutions (RAC, Always-ON, Redshift Nodes, etc.)
- AWS certifications (AWS Certified Database Specialty, Solutions Architect, DevOps or SysOps)
- Prior experience of migrating Oracle databases to other technologies (i.e. MS SQL Server, PostgreSQL, Aurora)
- Three (3) or more years of hands-on experience developing data lake solutions using AWS - primary AWS development skills including S3, IAM, Lambda, RDS, Kinesis, Redshift, EMR, Glue.
- Experience with Security- IAM, Active Directory, Centrify, MFA, Splunk
- System Administration Experience with Windows Server 2012R2/2016.
- 2+ years of relevant consulting, industry or technology experience
- Experience with AWS DynamoDB
- Knowledge of DevOps/Infra as Code practices and tools like Git, Bitbucket or Jenkins.
- Active Directory / LDAP administration
- Experience with containers, (Docker, k8s)
- Working knowledge of ITIL and/or agile methodologies
- Familiarity with CI/CD; DevOps Mentality
- Experience with a scripting Lambda functions
8 days ago
Job Description Advance Auto Parts (AAP) is seeking a Cloud Database Architect to help with our modernization efforts. This position require a high-energy, positive attitude and
Advance Auto Parts - Arlington, Tx - Lensa
Career Description Job Description Advance Auto Parts (AAP) is seeking a Cloud Database Architect to help with our modernization efforts.
Advance Auto Parts - Arlington, Texas - Neuvoo
Job Description Job Title AWS Cloud ArchitectJob Description DXC Team is seeking a AWS Cloud engineer to help configure, deploy and operationalize platforms for data science on AWS. As models, apps, a
DXC Technology - Plano, Texas - Fidanto US
Company DescriptionSonsoft , Inc. is a USA based corporation duly organized under the laws of the Commonwealth of Georgia. Sonsoft Inc. is growing at a steady pace specializing in the fields of Softwa
Sonsoft - Plano - WhatJobs