The Audit Senior will be responsible for documentation of the planning, performance, and file completion of audits, reviews, and compilations, under the direct supervision of Partners and/or Managers, including the preparation of the related financial statements. The Audit Senior may also take on limited responsibility for training and supervising other Audit Associates on jobs assigned. This person will take responsibility for ensuring quality client service is provided through communication and technical skills.
Since 1976, Rose Snyder & Jacobs (RSJ) has been a full-service accounting and professional services firm. We serve high net worth individuals, families, public companies, and entrepreneurial businesses. We pride ourselves in going deep with our clients so they can make better decisions, accomplish their goals, and realize a bigger future.
RSJs executive team continuously evaluates and invests in the right team members, systems, and processes to enhance our services. We strive to keep current on best practices and market trends and stay ahead of the curve by being industry leaders and innovators in the field. Our collective knowledge, experience, and unique, client-focused approach are the added value you get by working with us.
You are an outgoing and personable professional committed to a career in accounting. You understand and live by the concept of being a team player, making sure that collaboration is essential to your success, as well as the success of those you work with. At the same time, you have excellent judgment to ensure the right thing is being done. You have very strong verbal and written communication skills, as well as strong attention to detail. You have sufficient audit experience to provide value in planning discussions, in the design of audit and other procedures while still striving to learn and understand more about the process and related technical work.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Accounting, or Finance
- Is in process of or has attained a CPA designation
- 2-3 years of recent public accounting experience performing financial statement audits and other related attest work.
- Demonstrate an understanding of audit/accounting programs, procedures, and work paper technique
- Perform audits, reviews, compilations, and other special projects through analysis of client prepared documents, understanding of client processes, and inquiries made of the client
- Prepare well-organized, complete, accurate, and efficient work papers that support RSJ audit opinions, review and compilation reports
- Responsible for self-reviewing work. This includes double checking mathematical calculations and the accuracy of factual information, as well as double checking references between work papers and perm file documents
- Responsible for on-the-job training of staff
- Prepare financial statements and footnote disclosures in accordance with GAAP
- Meet client deadlines and be conscientious of time budgets
- Develop and maintain working relationships with clients and other team members
- Demonstrate ability to research GAAP, GAAS, and SEC requirements
- Monitor work assignments to ensure timely completion within budget & effectively communicate status to manager/partner on a regular basis. Accomplish all tasks as appropriately assigned or requested
- Competitive salary
- 401(k) matching program after 1 year of employment,
- 20 paid vacation days per year
- Continuing education
- CPA course reimbursement (if exams are not yet passed)
- Medical and life insurance
Our sister company RSJ/Swenson, is providing the screening services for this position.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE
Powered by JazzHR
8 days ago
Symmetry Hr Outsourcing
Senior & Manager - AssuranceNumerous Top 100 CPA firms (some remote)"Los Angeles, CA"$80-180K plus bonusMinimum Education & ExperienceExperience supervising and mentoring staff auditors.3+ years' rele
Joseph Michaels International - Los angeles, Ca - Lensa
Senior & Manager Assurance Numerous Top 100 CPA firms (some remote)Los Angeles, CA$80-180K plus bonus Minimum Education & Experience * Experience supervising and mentoring staff a
Cameron Craig Group - Los angeles, Ca - Lensa
Senior & Manager Assurance Numerous Top 100 CPA firms (some remote)Los Angeles, CA$80-180K plus bonus MINIMUM EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE * Experience supervising and mentoring staff a
Cameron Craig Group - Los angeles, California - Resume Library
Senior & Manager – Assurance Numerous Top 100 CPA firms (some remote)—Los Angeles, CA—$80-180K plus bonus Minimum Education & Experience Experience super
Cameron Craig Group - Los angeles, California - beBee S