Veterans Preferred - Pest Control Technician
Military Veterans are Encouraged to Apply.
Be knowledgeable of technical data concerning chemicals used and their application. Be knowledgeable of federal, state and local regulations regarding pest control. Maintain a copy of the business unit Commercial Service manual at close proximity at all times and follow the specified instructions therein. Maintain and service all route customers according to company standards and procedures. Call office daily as required for messages. Complete and submit daily service reports as required. Advise customers of potential problems. Keep management informed of any problems encountered on service routes. Maintain proper inventory of pesticides in usage. Maintain service records in accordance with EPA standards. Collect delinquent accounts. Maintain service equipment and vehicle in clean and proper operating condition. Maintain a safe driving record. Assist on other routes as required by management. Complete federal, state, local and company required training programs within prescribed time limits for proper certification. Available to work flexible hours as required by customer needs, including evenings, nights, and/or weekends. Other duties as assigned.
* Be knowledgeable of technical data concerning chemicals used and their application.
* Be knowledgeable of federal, state and local regulations regarding pest control.
* Maintain a copy of the the business unit Commercial Service manual at close proximity at all times and follow the specified instructions therein.
* Maintain and service all route customers according to company standards and procedures.
* Call office daily as required for messages.
* Complete and submit daily service reports as required.
* Advise customers of potential problems.
* Keep management informed of any problems encountered on service routes.
* Maintain proper inventory of pesticides in usage.
* Maintain service records in accordance with EPA standards.
* Collect delinquent accounts.
* Maintain service equipment and vehicle in clean and proper operating condition.
* Maintain a safe driving record.
* Assist on other routes as required by management.
* Complete federal, state, local and company required training programs within prescribed time limits for proper certification.
* Available to work flexible hours as required by customer needs, including evenings, nights, and/or weekends.
* High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required
* 2 or 4 year degree preferred
* 1-3 months related experience preferred
* To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
* The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
* Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
* Ability to write simple correspondence.
* Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
* Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
* Licenses/certificates as required by federal, state, or local regulations.
* Maintain a valid driver's license.
* Immediately report to management any loss of required license.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
The physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to perform the essential function to this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Incumbent must be prepared to:
* Move up to 10 pounds regularly, and 11-20 lbs frequently, by lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling, or otherwise repositioning objects. Exerting up to 50 lbs of force to move objects is required occasionally.
* Uses legs and/or hands and arms to ascend or descend ladders, stairs, scaffolding, ramps, poles, etc., in a manner that exceeds what is required for ordinary locomotion.
* Maintain his/her balance when walking, standing, or crouching on narrow, slippery, or erratically moving surfaces; balance exceeds that needed for ordinary locomotion.
* Bend legs and spine downward and forward to crouch or squat, and bend legs at the knee to come to rest on a surface with one or both knees, including crawling on hands and knees or hands and feet.
* Push objects forward, downward, or outward with sustained force using the upper extremities to press with steady force, and drag, draw, haul, or tug objects with sustained motion using upper extremities to exert force.
* Extend his/her hands and arms in any direction to reach objects, and move objects from a lower to a higher position, or move objects horizontally from one position to another, by lifting or carrying objects either in his/her hands or arms or by strapping equipment to the body; requires substantial use of upper extremities and back muscles.
* Use touch of skin to perceive attributes of objects, such as size, shape, temperature, or texture; particularly fingertips.
* Express or exchange ideas with others through the use of spoken word, quickly, accurately, and at an easily audible volume, and received detailed information through oral communication at usual speaking levels without correction, and/or make fine discriminations in the nature of sounds in the environment.
* Operate a motor vehicle and use electrically and manually powered hand tools for securing objects to surfaces.
Incumbent is required to have:
* Close visual acuity to perform detail oriented activities at distances close to the eyes, as well as visual acuity to perform activities at or within arm's reach with skill, control, and accuracy, and to determine the accuracy, neatness, and/or thoroughness of work assigned, or make general observations of facilities or structures (i.e., inspection).
* Visual acuity to operate motor vehicles or equipment.
Incumbent will be subject to:
* Both inside (not necessarily temperature controlled) and outside (without protection from weather; extreme heat-above 100 and/or cold-below 32 for more than one hour) environmental conditions.
* Hazardous physical conditions, such as mechanical parts, vehicles, electrical current, heights and scaffolding, chemical exposure, and/or high heat.
* Atmospheric conditions affecting the respiratory system of the skin, such as fumes, odors, dust, mold, mist, gas, poor ventilation.
* Exposure to animals and insects.
* Meet physical requirements and/or pass medical certification in compliance with state and/or federal regulatory requirements and company safety policies relating to carrying and wearing personal protective equipment (PPE), including, but not limited to an OSHA compliant respirator.
* Working in confined spaces, narrow aisles, or passageways which could cause reactions in those with claustrophobic tendencies.
Terminix companies are proud to be EOE.
California residents click here to review your privacy rights. https://tinyurl.com/CA-Notice
6 days ago
$46000 - $56000 / year$3000 At Ecolab, we prioritized supporting our associates and our customers during the COVID-19 pandemic. We emerged stronger and our business continues to grow.We are looking fo
Ecolab - Philadelphia, Pa - WhatJobs Premium
$46000 - $56000 / year $3000 At Ecolab, we prioritized supporting our associates and our customers during the COVID-19 pandemic. We emerged stronger and our business continues to grow. We are looki
Ecolab Inc. - King of prussia, Pennsylvania - jooble
Job Description See why Food Processing Magazine honored Ecolab Pest Elimination as The Top Pest Management Company! Ecolab is seeking Pest Control Technicians to join it
Ecolab - Philadelphia, Pennsylvania - Neuvoo
At Orkin, our purpose is to help protect the world where we live, work, and play.Our Service Technicians are committed to this purpose.Orkin is the pest management INDUSTRY LEADER. We offer extensive
Orkin LLC - Wilmington - WhatJobs