Global Product Manager - Remote
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. With revenues of more than $25 billion, we have approximately 75000 employees and serve customers within pharmaceutical and biotech companies, hospitals and clinical diagnostic labs, universities, research institutions and government agencies, as well as in environmental and process control industries. We create value for our key stakeholders through two premier brands, Thermo Scientific and Fisher Scientific, which offer a unique combination of continuous technology development and the most convenient purchasing options. Our products and services help accelerate the pace of scientific discovery, and solve analytical challenges ranging from complex research to routine testing to field applications. Visit www.thermofisher.com.
The Global Product Manager is responsible for developing and implementing global product strategies to accelerate the growth of BioProduction business. Reporting to Director, Protein and Vaccines group of Cell Culture and Cell Therapy the Product Manager will be managing Cell Culture products or product portfolio, and supporting market analysis, planning, and commercial strategy. Key success metrics of this position are revenue growth, portfolio profitability, and new product introductions.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop, implement and manage new and/or existing products in a portfolio by creating and implementing product marketing plans, leading New Product Introduction (NPI) teams, and providing data related to competitors, the market, product positioning, revenue and unit forecasting and pricing strategies.
- Champion successful launches through requirements, development, and commercialization. Working closely with cross-functional teams, the Product Manager owns the ultimate customer and financial success of new product introductions (NPIs).
- Participate in strategic collaborations for product partnerships. Cross-functional team member with R&D, operations, commercial groups and external partners to execute programs.
- Responsible for revenue, margin, customer satisfaction, and market share objectives.
- Serve as product champion with internal stakeholders, regional teams, and directly with customers including key accounts.
- An effective performer will maintain close relationships with field organization (e.g., sales and technical support) through training and active participation in the sales process, including customer visits, participating with pricing tactics, and customer support.
- Manage the life cycle of the existing product portfolio. Responsibilities include executing the three-year product line strategies, pricing /margin optimization, management across the customer value continuum, and customer intimacy efforts.
- Work collaboratively with other product managers and key functional stakeholders across Thermo Fisher organization.
- Identify new product directions: work across functions to develop business opportunities for revenue growth and cost reduction and develop, conduct and use voice of customer research.
- Assist in identifying and developing effective promotional and sales tools and collateral marketing pieces.
- Partner with marketing communications to develop effective product tactics and strategies.
- Support product planning in conjunction with manufacturing and planning teams to deliver optimal service levels for products; analyze profitability and monitor key financial indicators.
- Bachelors in scientific field required
- Masters in scientific field or MBA strongly preferred
- Ph.D. in scientific field is preferred
- Minimum 5+ years product management or R&D experience in cell culture industry.
- Experience working directly with customers.
- Experience working with cross functional teams
- Working knowledge of quality and regulatory requirements for the products.
- In depth technical understanding of product portfolio including the customer workflow and requirements
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Products: PowerPoint, Excel, PowerBI.
- Ability to work with teams across the global and cultural difference.
- Self-starter with the ability to create and execute plans with minimal supervision.
- Strong management, project management and planning skills, and comfortable making decisions and embracing changes.
- Requires excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work in matrix organizational structure.
- Outcome orientation and a strong desire to plan to measure the success of initiatives.
- Travel: approximately 30% globally
1 days ago
Grand island, Ny
Thermo Fisher Scientific
The Global Product Manager is responsible for developing and implementing global product strategies to accelerate the growth of Bio. Production business. Reporting to Director, Protein and Vaccines gr
Thermo Fisher Scientific, Inc. - Grand island, Ny - Lensa
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. With revenues of more than $25
Thermo Fisher Scientific - Grand island, Ny - Lensa
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. With revenues of more t
Thermo Fisher Scientific - Grand island, Ny - Lensa
Bumble and bumble is a fashion-forward, luxury hair care brand located in NYC. It started as one NYC salon and evolved into a multi-million-dollar brand comprised of 2 Flagship salons, an innovative p
Estee Lauder - Lancaster, Ny - Lensa