Specialist, Reset (La Grange)
Everyone has a story. No two teammates are alike. At McLane, we understand that what you do after work is just as important as what you do on the clock. We prove it by offering you time and compensation to make your story the best it can be.
GR995 RL - Merced, CA
Becoming a McLane teammate is to become part of an honest, stable, and reliable company with 125 years of success. We are looking for teammates with perseverance who will take the extra step for our customers, our community, and the company. In return, we will pay you well and offer you the opportunity to go as far in your career as you want to go.
JOB SUMMARY / GENERAL DESCRIPTION
* This position is responsible for representing McLane Company and its vendors with the proper implementation of plan-o-grams (POG), custom gondola/category resets and new item placement.
* It is also responsible to build promotional/rack displays to achieve maximum sales in McLane customers retail outlets.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS / PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES
* Other duties may be assigned.
* A teammate in this position must have the ability to: - Read a schematic/POG and reset a category to reflect it.
* Maintain schematic integrity while adapting current retailers item assortment for custom sets.
* Build and move displays/gondola shelving and/or products to establish best location/store foot-print for sales on all company products.
* Merchandise and maintain company products to comply with McLane Best Practices.
* Lead and monitor team of four+ teammates/3rd party individuals for chain resets.
* Educate/assist /inform retailers of product issues, marketing objectives and programs.
* Up-sell /monitor retail distribution of all headquartered-authorized products for all stores as needed and as store situation dictates.
* Remove and credit all out-of-code and/or substandard product from shelves per the distribution service agreement.
* Rotate and stock products.
* Execute/maintain/monitor all company-driven marketing initiatives and programs as applicable.
* Order fill product via Smart Hand Held or Telxon.
* Manage supply budget and on-site delivery of all materials, supplies and equipment necessary for the assigned reset, per sales request and Best Practices.
* Effectively and accurately receive and report projects through a web based application on a daily/weekly basis.
* Comply effectively with company work and safety rules.
* Continually meet assigned production standards.
* Maintain a quality of work that limits mispicks, shorts and damages.
* Follow directions.
* Work independently and in a team environment.
* Maintain a flexible work schedule to meet the needs of McLane and specific customers; work schedules may include working early mornings and overnight shifts in order to meet customer demands.
* Stand, walk, bend, stoop, push, pull, grasp and reach above the head for extended periods of time.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
* A teammate in this position must:
* Have a High School Diploma or a GED.
* Have 2 years grocery/convenience retail merchandising experience.
* Internal candidates should have a minimum experience in McLane Company of not less than 2 years.
* Be a self-starter, detail-oriented and able to work independently.
* Possess planning, organizing and effective communication skills.
* Possess creativity, flexibility and problem solving skills.
* Be able to travel overnight including weekends.
* Be well versed on all aspects of the industry.
* Be skilled on computers and Excel, Microsoft Word and PowerPoint PC programs.
* Be able to work with and communicate with many different reporting level groups, to include McLane customers (store managers), Drivers, customer service, and peers.
* Be 18 years or older.
* Be able to read small font.
* Be able to operate a calculator, fax machine, telephone, laptop computer, box-cutter, copier, hammer, wire-cutter, screwdriver, wrench and hand truck.
* Have a valid drivers license and a good driving record.
* Must be able to lift, carry, lower totes up to 30 lbs.
* The work conditions are primarily in a retail setting of a customer store, vehicle, or occasionally in an office environment.
* Candidates may be subject to a background check and drug screen, in accordance with applicable laws.
* McLane Company, Inc is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce.
* We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, ethnicity, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by local, state or federal law.
Associated topics: account executive, account management, counter, customer, customer service, greet, manner, retail, sales, sales professional
8 days ago
La grange, Ca
What's Your Story? Everyone has a story. No two teammates are alike. At McLane, we understand that what you do after work is just as important as what you do on the clock. We prove it by offe
McLane Company - La grange, California - jooble
JOB SUMMARY / GENERAL DESCRIPTION: This position is responsible for representing McLane Company and its vendors with the proper implementation of plan-o-grams (POG), custom gondola/categor
McLane Company - Merced, Ca - WhatJobs Premium
JOB SUMMARY / GENERAL DESCRIPTION: This position is responsible for representing McLane Company and its vendors with the proper implementation of plan-o-grams (POG), custom gondola/c
McLane Company - Merced, Ca - College Recruiter
What's Your Story?Everyone has a story. No two teammates are alike. At McLane, we understand that what you do after work is just as important as what you do on the clock. We prove it by offering you t
McLane Company - Bridgeport, Ca - Lensa